Lt. Commander
This is really annoying me. If you have a weapon with a cooldown, you fire it, and then BEFORE the cooldown is done you fire it again, it resets that counter. In essence you can get some weapons NEVER to fire. It also hurts torpedoes and mines.

I have a key bound to "fire all phasers" and I use that, but many of my ships have mixed weapons. Some have arrays and cannons, and the arrays recharge faster. That means when I hit the "fire all" button to put the pressure on the bad guys all that fires is the array. The cannon never fire after the first volley because their cooldown timer resets every time I hit "fire all"

Then there's mines! So many times I've been in a fight and waiting for the mines to recharge, only to accidientally fire too soon, and reset the countdown timer all over again. It's exceedingly painful when you need them and jump the gun by a mere second (trying to anticipate the recharge moment) several times in a row.

Please fix!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Wrong section. Please submit this to bug reports. Also: file an in-game bug report to make sure it gets through.

On-topic: this has always been a part of ST:O. Eventually, you will adapt!