Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-14-2012, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaFury View Post
This is still the case, yes.

I will also add that Vent Theta Radiation disables the enemy's sensors, preventing them from firing back for the duration with it's massive, stacking perception debuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
absolutely the most overpowered ability in game, you have to hope your evasive plus HE can dig you out of it before your completely stuck, completely blind, and completely shieldless. and it was on the most maneuverable ships previously, now anything can use it, and boy do they.
There in lies the issue with its OP nature.
It has no reliable counter ability that can be used to lessen the effects of its slow (which is less than EWP), its Jam sensors (which is exactly like Jam sensors except one can not shoot it away to ineffectiveness), its shield debuff (which the can't be out-healed by shield heals and is not resisted by shield resists) or its crew killing attack (which may be at teh core of why it works so well since crew affects many apsects of healing and buffing ingame and a 2 person crew will suck at doing any helpful buffing)
Otherwise it causes no physical damage to its target at all and only makes one an incredibly debuffed target that is easy to kill.
Seems to hardly be a concern now that it is going to be avialible through a lucky drop for the feds or that from the sounds of the latest Dev interview the feds have a simliar tetryon version of their on incomming.

Fix the counters or give it more counters in shield resistance and the belief of its OP nature will disapeer as quickly as AMS or any other ingame ability that finally got balanced.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-14-2012, 08:58 AM
It's more it's stacking nature, Roach. VTR itself is less of a snare than eject warp plasma, and it's damage is relatively forgettable, at one stack. Twenty stacks is another story entirely, but each "Segment" of the cloud is "Seperate" such that there are 20 VTR clouds launched with each use of the ability. If you "Park" on a ship and drop them all on the same area, it's considerably more effective (Read, I can completely disable a tactical cube in an STF for 40 seconds. Or B'ger, which is fun for numerous families) than using it like vent warp plasma and flying around with evasive maneuvers. In fact, VTR and Evasive is quite possibly the worst way to use this ability as you can pretty much ignore one stack without hazards.

Attack pattern omega fixes it quite well though as you can just break the cloud and clear it with the bugged hazard emitters. If hazards actually worked properly though, it'd be less of an issue.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-14-2012, 09:51 AM
Quote:
It's more it's stacking nature, Roach. VTR itself is less of a snare than eject warp plasma, and it's damage is relatively forgettable, at one stack. Twenty stacks is another story entirely, but each "Segment" of the cloud is "Seperate" such that there are 20 VTR clouds launched with each use of the ability. If you "Park" on a ship and drop them all on the same area, it's considerably more effective (Read, I can completely disable a tactical cube in an STF for 40 seconds. Or B'ger, which is fun for numerous families) than using it like vent warp plasma and flying around with evasive maneuvers. In fact, VTR and Evasive is quite possibly the worst way to use this ability as you can pretty much ignore one stack without hazards.

Attack pattern omega fixes it quite well though as you can just break the cloud and clear it with the bugged hazard emitters. If hazards actually worked properly though, it'd be less of an issue.
Sounds like ti needs to not stack and be a constant single effect for the whole cloud like EWP appears to behave.
Or is EWP stacking the same way currently, as that would explain why it is sticky and not cleared by HE?

To its jam sensor like function, is that countered or lessened by a high Sensors skill? If not, I think it should be a factor in how well teh jam affects a target and the duration.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-14-2012, 10:07 AM
It does, yes. You can sort of break it with sensor scan if you're a sci officer using your perception buff too.

Personally I think it should max at 5 stacks instead of having no cap. At 1 stack it is an honestly fairly lackluster ability and will not compete for console slots. 5 is 'dangerous', but not 'AMG Y U NO SHIELDS' territory. You don't start to actually lose sight on non-cloaked enemies within 4km until 7 stacks or so, either.

I'm a horrible bird of prey pilot, though, so I confess to using gravwell to ping-pong people through clouds of theta radiation for over 20 stacks. Granted, they sort of deserved it for opening fire at the Ker'rat KDF respawn at zonestart. That, and judicious use of torpedo spread allows a pair of pilots with good eyes to defeat the 20 odd UFP cruisers while they're disabled.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-14-2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
It does, yes. You can sort of break it with sensor scan if you're a sci officer using your perception buff too.

Personally I think it should max at 5 stacks instead of having no cap. At 1 stack it is an honestly fairly lackluster ability and will not compete for console slots. 5 is 'dangerous', but not 'AMG Y U NO SHIELDS' territory. You don't start to actually lose sight on non-cloaked enemies within 4km until 7 stacks or so, either.

I'm a horrible bird of prey pilot, though, so I confess to using gravwell to ping-pong people through clouds of theta radiation for over 20 stacks. Granted, they sort of deserved it for opening fire at the Ker'rat KDF respawn at zonestart. That, and judicious use of torpedo spread allows a pair of pilots with good eyes to defeat the 20 odd UFP cruisers while they're disabled.
Sounds like a stack limit is the key then. Though I still wonder if EWP is over-stacking or restacking as the case may be to cuase HE to not work properly.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thissler
Two minutes on VTR.

(OMG I POSTED RIGHT AFTER ROACH!)

EDIT: Ok right under roach. not right after. Plus he's Belgian so we are in different time zones.
I'm Belgian? That would explain a few things..............like my perchant for waffles and Diamonds.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-14-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Sounds like a stack limit is the key then. Though I still wonder if EWP is over-stacking or restacking as the case may be to cuase HE to not work properly.
EWP doesn't stack, but it applies again right after HE clears it, so it doesn't actually get cleared.

HE really needs to apply immunity for the duration, I think, much like Omega does.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-14-2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
EWP doesn't stack, but it applies again right after HE clears it, so it doesn't actually get cleared.
I doesn't clear only if you don't escape the cloud while HE is going.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-14-2012, 12:09 PM
HE only clears on the first 'tick'. So if you stay in the cloud for subsequent ticks you're out of luck.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-14-2012, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostamojen View Post
I doesn't clear only if you don't escape the cloud while HE is going.
Ive been EWP'ed many a time for just passing too close to the clouds AoE only to have HE not clear it at all.