Lt. Commander
There are a lot of different opinions about the new FE, so lets put them into the most easy to read format:

What did you think of the new FE...
  1. "Second Wave"
  2. "Of Bajor"
  3. "Operation Gamma"
  4. "Facility 4028"

I'll add a new poll each week for each new episode, and then a final poll about the entire series once it is complete.

After you vote, please make a simple post explaining why you feel the way you do. Thanks for your feedback
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2012, 09:31 AM
Well done, Nagus!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2012, 09:35 AM
Good. Marred by some strange VO choices and a complete lack of continuity (lose DS9, go back after finishing the mission to shop for STF gear- wait what?). But overall a far cry better than Skirmish or Cold Call, definitely in the same league of awesome as The Vault.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2012, 09:35 AM
Be interesting to see the results.

I think this is the first FE I was ever disappointed with.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2012, 09:54 AM
Voted Meh!

Awful VO + bugs + boring mission that adds nothing new to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-13-2012, 09:58 AM
I thought that it was good. There was a nice mix of events that covered pretty much all of the bases. It had a little bit of NPC character development. It had some Diplomacy going on. It had a mad escape while under siege. It had a huge space battle to round it out.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-13-2012, 10:12 AM
It was pretty good, but engine limitations (need for dialogue boxes and such), as well as a wide variety of mission progression bugs I encountered while grouped, bumped the rating down a notch.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-13-2012, 10:15 AM
I wasnt overly impressed with this mission but some of the other fe's has lesser missions. I just hope all these new doff missions/commodities/loot end up being worth something.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-13-2012, 10:21 AM
For "Second Wave" I'm going with "Meh"

I've played it 10 times so far, so I got a good grasp on it.

Compared to the other 1st episodes for the other FE's, it doesn't hold up, its the lowest scored one, IMO. I liked all the other 1st episode FE's better, so far. This one kinda dropped the ball.

However, I do look forward to the series improving. Perhaps the next episode will wow me.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-13-2012, 10:33 AM
I think the biggest problem with Second Wave is that we went into it with months of knowing the Dominion would be coming out of the wormhole. Half the mission is building up for an "Oh ****!" moment, but when they advertised the **** a year ago, there was no surprise, so the lead up ends up just being a delay.

I think for the next FE, the devs should keep the main enemy a tightly guarded secret, up to the day of the mission. If we'd actually gone in blind, it would have been a better mission.

Right now, we wouldn't know what's happening. We wouldn't know if this was the 2800, or a renewed invasion. We wouldn't know their objectives, we wouldn't know if there's more ships coming or if they've coordinated with old allies in the Alpha Quadrant.

We pretty much know all that, we knew it months ago, because Cryptic let us know too much about the series.