# 21
02-13-2012, 10:20 AM
I hated it
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-13-2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Carmichael View Post
4. The mission is of no consequence. Once the mission is over, you can still go to DS9. So it's like it doesn't even happen. The consequences aren't felt by the player.

5. Commander Andrews has to be the first Starfleet officer EVER to be killed by a mere glance.
#4 - That would be interesting if as we played the FE series, it had some consequences for us when returning to DS9. Since DS9 is it's own instance, we would simply be re-routed from Sector Space to a map full of Jem'Hadar attack ships, or even the old Fleet Action.

I seem to recall Guild Wars had something like this. Most of the world map was a personal instance with doors to the quests. As you completed quests, the effects of them would happen to your personal world map. Cities could be over run by gnolls, stuff like that. In STO we could not see large changes to Sector Space, but changes to a single instance would be nice.

#5 Wasn't Tasha Yar killed by a look from that blob creature? Very unceremonious.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunnlang
#5 Wasn't Tasha Yar killed by a look from that blob creature? Very unceremonious.
Yeah, actually I think she was.

But, we didn't know anything about the blob's tendencies.

But we know, from several seasons of DS9, how the Jem'Hadar kill people. And it's certainly not with a stare.

Maybe with making a pinching motion with your fingers....oh...wait....wrong IP.

Lt. Commander
# 24
02-13-2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
5. Commander Andrews has to be the first Starfleet officer EVER to be killed by a mere glance.

Have you never seen The Original Series? That was the preferred method of death: the characters take on a colored tint and vanish.

And she is not dead! She just fainted. That is my story and I am sticking to it.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-13-2012, 10:44 AM
A lot of neat ideas and tech tricks, like the side missions.
The story was enjoyable to read through and participate in.
I liked being thanked by the Deferi for my aid - I hope that's a trigger, and not just something he says to everyone, whether they've done the Breen arc or not.
None of the dialogue choices or arguments I had to make seemed grossly out of character. :p
Finally, at the end of a certain cutscene, I complimented the Gorn ambassador on his kill.

However...
It's late, and heavily spoilered on arrival.
My engineer was almost crippled, playing solo with most of his kit disabled. Later, on a team, it was chaos - uncompleted objectives, etc. (To be fair, some of that might have been the PUG.)
Should advance the game's plot and transform the setting but, for obvious and practical reasons, does not.
If your Duty Officer slots are full, you can't do the maintenance tasks, and attempting one will make it unavailable - you'll need to restart, if you want to do them all.

In the "good and bad" category, the voice acting is very uneven. I liked the DS9 XO (not knowing enough about that accent to be bothered), the Gorn, and the Andorian captain; didn't really care for the Cardassian or the other Feds at the conference, or the Vorta at the end.

I didn't encounter the issues that some have reported with the kanar sub-quest, because I listened closely to what was said and went straight to one of the Prylars outside the temple. I also paid Hadron 20k latinum up front (which I had left over from the Winter event), so I didn't have to hit the Dabo table again.

Final verdict: "Good".
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-13-2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_Mudd
I liked being thanked by the Deferi for my aid - I hope that's a trigger, and not just something he says to everyone, whether they've done the Breen arc or not.

If he only thanked some people, his gratitude would not be in Balance with the universe.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-13-2012, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeslyn
If he only thanked some people, his gratitude would not be in Balance with the universe.
Actually if he thanked everyone his gratitude would be out of balance.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Just voted mhee.. is not bad, but is not even close to be good. There is a lot better foundry missions out there.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-13-2012, 12:45 PM
Slapdash at best. Nice ideas but very very poor execution.

While not an abject fail, we aren't improving either. Keep this level of performance up and all those pretty, little lock-boxes aren't gonna mean squat.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-13-2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
I voted "Bad".

I might have voted "Meh" but there were some glaring things I just could not overlook.

1. For being in production over a year, ....

2. Once again, for being in production a year, ....
Actually, it has not been in 'production' for over a year. It has been 'in anticipation' for over a year, and it may have been on the drawing board a year ago, but I don't think anyone at Cryptic was really working on the series during the whole Atari - PW - and then F2P transition.