Lt. Commander
# 1 The rarest ship in KDF
02-13-2012, 09:21 AM
Hello, I will have enough CP for a new ship soon and i have been wondering for a couple of days what ship i should choose. I am currently running Bortas cannon build and i own Negh'var also. I am seeking ship, that is rare-played, not like Bortas or Raptors. I am also running PUG Elite STF, so i want something, that would be desirable for that and also usefull in PvP.

I am currently thinking of Varanus, Marauder as support vessels or Guramba as a damage dealer. So i would be happy to hear some opinions. What ship should one choose to be unique and still usefull?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Out of all 3 listed ships (Varanus, Marauder, Garumba) the Garumba is the rarest (in my honest opinion) among players. The other two (while still awesome) are both seen more frequently than the Garumba, I've only seen the Garumba once in my entire time playing... And that was yesterday :^D

However because these three are C-Store ships they are not as frequently seen as the regular in-game ships.

Hope that helps!
Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2012, 01:50 PM
Yep, thank you for advice. I had Ka'rfi on my list too, but that was the most common C-store type ship, so i put it out of the list.

I was thinking about Garumba , cause both of my ships are heavily setup for support / tank with eng BO, and if I will be lucky i get card cruiser as well, so marauder would not be probably the best choice.

Note: And i am sicence captain.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2012, 02:23 PM
I would have thought the rarest ship would have been the B'rel retrofit because its like a paper aeroplane and no one wants to be 'that guy'
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2012, 02:33 PM
The Vor'cha Battle Cruiser Retrofit I rarely see as well. Most would rather use the Negh'var and understandably so, as the bridge officer layout is much better. It's funny because I usually am the only one flying it when I'm over the homeworld or at DS9.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-13-2012, 03:00 PM
That is one thing that i do not understand. I see many Vor'cha retrofits in space sector or around the Qo'nos, but never seen one in the STF and I have barely seen them in PvP. But Vor'cha retrofit is to much like Bortas and Negh'var, so i would skip this one.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-13-2012, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by list3r View Post
That is one thing that i do not understand. I see many Vor'cha retrofits in space sector or around the Qo'nos, but never seen one in the STF and I have barely seen them in PvP. But Vor'cha retrofit is to much like Bortas and Negh'var, so i would skip this one.
My personal preference is a negh var over the vorcha any day at any time. My most used ships among my KDF ones is the b'rel and then for non Klingon raced ones I usually match the characters up with race/ship so nausicaan tact in garumba, orion female tact in marauder, gorn in varanus, lethean uses vo'quv, varanus, and kar'fi. Pretty much of run of the mill c-store ships the 3 I use frequently are the garumba, brel, and varanus. Side note though for pvp purposes as well as stf's at first piloting them due to some of their stats like low hull health and shields may prove difficult but once you learn how to pilot bops and mostly go for hit and run tactics if you can enjoy that then thats a determining factor as well.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-13-2012, 04:25 PM
Out of all the ships, the Guramba is by far my most favorite...
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-13-2012, 08:50 PM
I think its all around when you play.

I see a fair amount of Kar'fi, Guramba, Orion Peanut, and even Vor'cha refits over the Varanus. I think I've maybe only seen one or maybe two Varanus in months. I have characters in the Guramba, Vor'cha, and two in the B'rel Retrofit.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-14-2012, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyxium
I would have thought the rarest ship would have been the B'rel retrofit because its like a paper aeroplane and no one wants to be 'that guy'
I am THAT guy :p