Lt. Commander
# 11
02-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Why are people still saying it will be an Andorian...the plan has changed....

The Ent-F captain was the the F2P Trailer. It is set in stone.
The "Most Interesting Captain in Starfleet" guy? I thought he was just some random dude who represented the players progression from Cadet to Vice Admiral.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-13-2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobservo
The "Most Interesting Captain in Starfleet" guy? I thought he was just some random dude who represented the players progression from Cadet to Vice Admiral.
He is on the Ent-F bridge in the chair even. The F2P video was showing his entire life up to this point. Watch the trailer again, it zooms out pretty fast from the bridge and you can see ENTERPRISE 1701-F, etc right before the borg cubes block the view.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-13-2012, 12:44 PM
I think that was just meant as a generic 'This Could Be You' trailer and not representative of the actual NPC Captain.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-13-2012, 12:48 PM
Uh, I am also pretty sure that Shon is captain of the Belfast. He gives you DOff missions that relate to helping him with his ship and his crew, too. So I doubt he's gonna be the Ent-F captain.
Unless he gets a serious commendation or something.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-13-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
He is on the Ent-F bridge in the chair even. The F2P video was showing his entire life up to this point. Watch the trailer again, it zooms out pretty fast from the bridge and you can see ENTERPRISE 1701-F, etc right before the borg cubes block the view.
I wouldn't read too much in to it, honestly. That particular shot struck me as a 'holding slide' for something later on down the track, as Cryptic has been eager to make the Enterprise's debut a "Surprise". It wouldn't make sense to reveal her captain (and a very generic Captain at that) with such little ceremony.

That particular 'captain' also makes no sense for the Enterprise. For a start, he was wearing the pips of a Fleet Admiral. Second... he didn't seem a little 'senior' to you? I'd expect the captain of the Enterprise would be someone we know, and I don't know about you, but I have never seen that old geezer before. Who is he? Where did he come from?

Of all the candidates in STO to be captain of the Enterprise, this... random... makes the least sense.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeslyn
I think that was just meant as a generic 'This Could Be You' trailer and not representative of the actual NPC Captain.
So we can all captain the ENT-F then..?

I honestly haven't heard anything for a long time on an Andorian captain. It's most likely the captain and new crew shown in the trailer.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-13-2012, 12:49 PM
I doubt it. From what I've read, this will be slotted into the Cardassian storyline, the way the Devidian FE was slotted into the Klingon storyline. In which case, this FE takes place well before the Borg/Undine story where the Ent-F debuts.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
My thinking was that they just didn't change the name and registry for the trailer, though it defiantly is possible he's actualy the captain of the Enterprise-F. We won't really know until Cryptic actualy says something, of course.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Quote:
So we can all captain the ENT-F then..?

I honestly haven't heard anything for a long time on an Andorian captain. It's most likely the captain and new crew shown in the trailer.

Its an Ad, man. Its meant to draw people in to the game. What is more iconic than a shot of the Enterprise coming to save the day? I don't think that the Ad-Man is the Canon Captain. He COULD be. I just doubt it.

They could go way to left field make the Captain Clara Sutter from TNG's "Imaginary Friend". Her special ability could be "Summon: Isabella".
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-13-2012, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobservo
"I' don't always command the Enterprise, but when I do, I'm drinking kanar."