Lt. Commander
# 21
02-13-2012, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobservo
My thinking was that they just didn't change the name and registry for the trailer, though it defiantly is possible he's actualy the captain of the Enterprise-F. We won't really know until Cryptic actualy says something, of course.
My suspicion is, Kestrel wanted Shon to command the Enterprise. CBS, in the intervening year since work started on the FE, may have had cold feet and said they wanted a human to do it since it had always been a human.

My prediction is also that this guy will have the exact same voice and speaking style as Shon.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Wouldn't they have had to change the registry to the Enterprise, NCC-1701-F for that trailer? In the Odyssey mission, the generic name of the ship you were given was the "Odyssey." It wasn't the Enterprise.

In a related topic, who was the Captain of the Odyssey class vessel that attacked the Bortas if you were playing the mission to acquire the Bortas? For that matter, what was the name of that Odyssey class vessel?
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinosOne
Wouldn't they have had to change the registry to the Enterprise, NCC-1701-F for that trailer? In the Odyssey mission, the generic name of the ship you were given was the "Odyssey." It wasn't the Enterprise.

In a related topic, who was the Captain of the Odyssey class vessel that attacked the Bortas if you were playing the mission to acquire the Bortas? For that matter, what was the name of that Odyssey class vessel?
It was the U.S.S. Odyssey and it had a Caitian commander.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
It was the U.S.S. Odyssey and it had a Caitian commander.
4chan called. They want their Furries back.

Give it a month, people... Rule34 will prevail.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-13-2012, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeslyn
Yes, her. She [Laurel] has been working for Starfleet for two years. There is no reason why she should not be a Vice Admiral by now. She could totally be the Captain of the Enterprise.
Is that the disembodied voice of Ensign Harry Kim, crying from the next emanation I hear?
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik

Is that the disembodied voice of Ensign Harry Kim, crying from the next emanation I hear?

Given that he was the Voyager whipping boy, that is a distinct possibility.

But remember: in the New Starfleet you can get command right of the Academy. Miss Laurel is already an expert on every ship class. She has earned the right to command.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
He is on the Ent-F bridge in the chair even. The F2P video was showing his entire life up to this point. Watch the trailer again, it zooms out pretty fast from the bridge and you can see ENTERPRISE 1701-F, etc right before the borg cubes block the view.
The bridge you get with the odyssey and the one in the F2P vid are not the same or maybe its the + 1 ship bridge but i don't think it is
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeslyn
I think that was just meant as a generic 'This Could Be You' trailer and not representative of the actual NPC Captain.
I actually think it should be me I mean I've done way more stuff to earn it then this mysterious fellow we have never even heard of.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-13-2012, 03:39 PM
I hadnt noticed that when I watched the trailer. It would be interesting if the Commanding officer of the Enterprise was a Fleet Admiral. We have seen Admirals take command of vessels during times of War like Admiral Ross during the Dominion War and Admiral Hanson at Wolf 359. It could make sense that the Flagship of the Federation would have such a high ranking commanding officer during this time.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapTrott View Post
I hadnt noticed that when I watched the trailer. It would be interesting if the Commanding officer of the Enterprise was a Fleet Admiral. We have seen Admirals take command of vessels during times of War like Admiral Ross during the Dominion War and Admiral Hanson at Wolf 359. It could make sense that the Flagship of the Federation would have such a high ranking commanding officer during this time.
Admirals never command ships. Even HMS Victory had a Captain when she flew Nelson's flag at Trafalgar.

Enterprise might well have an Admiral aboard, but she still needs a Captain to command her.