Lt. Commander
# 1 Bridge Officers
02-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Got a few questions about Bridge Officers.

So I have received some new Bridge Officers and I see that they have colors besides white.

Am I correct in assuming that I should probably take out my white Bridge Officers to replace with these rarer ones given they will have superior traits? The only downside I can think of is that the skill development I have on the older officers will be lost. Correct?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2012, 11:34 AM
Other than Saurians and the Borg from the c-store, BOs currently only have ground traits. So there's no need to swap out your space assignment boffs. Just your ground crew. And even that is only for a tiny tiny difference, so not that noticeable.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2012, 11:34 AM
Yes, you will lose the skill points you spent on the BO's, BUT, BO skill points are the easiest thing to get in the game, by end-game you'll have lots leftover.

Rarer officers, as with weapons, do have better traits and so forth, yes. It's so easy to have rare or very rare BO's, why not. You don't have to worry about it until RA though, I wouldn't waste the resources on trying to get purple BO's until RA. Unless you get some purple BO's before then, then feel free to replace em out. No reason not to have all purple BO's by end-game, or leveling up if you get them. But don't worry about it too much, like the above poster started, its mostly for ground. For space, feel free to equip some Humans for that innate repair trait.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Yes you will lose the skill points you have invested if you change out your BO's. My ground crew I take specific traits for them and try to get all four that work for what they do.

I run two exploit attack officers and two for full auto sweep expose weapons. For the two who use exploit I take Acute senses, Covert and superior Aggressive and solider if I can get it. Acute senses and covert will increase exploit damage 10% each. Superior aggressive increases damage 7.5% and solider will increase damage 5% and critical's by 10%, that will make a difference.

For those that run full auto sweep I try to get some of these creative, dumb luck, lucky, solider and superior aggressive those will help with damage. I use two science officers sometimes I try and get telekinetic to modify tachyon harmonics because it will expose enemies and sometimes knocks NPC's down.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2012, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Other than Saurians and the Borg from the c-store, BOs currently only have ground traits. So there's no need to swap out your space assignment boffs. Just your ground crew. And even that is only for a tiny tiny difference, so not that noticeable.
Except for Leadership, which is a space trait. But Leadership is a race-specific trait (humans) so no need to upgrade.