Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Cool! I'd join!

As for lunges, pounces, grabs and bites... not exactly Marquis de Queensbury rules, are they?
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-13-2012, 01:54 PM
No offense, but I don't really see the point in this.

By stripping away all gear, you pretty much lose most benefits from Skills. There aren't really any skills left that improve melee, are there? Willpower is about the only thing I can think of that might help. Characters/Species with key Ground Traits will have an advantage. There's not a lot of build strategy involved, is there? Nor much tactical gameplay in a slugfest... You just need to know the combos better than the other guy. Other than maybe asking people to turn on shooter mode for melee, I don't really see how player skill becomes a factor?

Now a no-holds-barred "barroom brawl", that sounds like a lot more fun. Too bad the game engine won't let you use pool sticks, chairs, and bottles as weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
^this.
Orion Seduce?
Lethean Telepathy?

These are facts of their biology.

Don't forget the Borg's Neural Blast.

What about Items? I see healing equipment and such is not on the banned list. This could be important as that includes Summon: Horta.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-13-2012, 01:56 PM
As I mentioned in the OP, no "innate abilities". What this boils down is just using your bare hand, and nothing else. No pets, no drones, no nothing. Just your firsts Also, hypos are the only device that will be okay to use.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-13-2012, 01:58 PM
You gotta be specific about these kinda things, Brandon. There will always be those that cheat if you don't exclude things.

No Non-Combat Hortas are allowed to cheer you on? Moral Support can go a long way to keeping you in the fight.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Will this be divided by rank, or free for all?
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-13-2012, 02:17 PM
As a Versus Event I would imagine that it would either be Separated or Level-Scaled.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
As I mentioned in the OP, no "innate abilities". What this boils down is just using your bare hand, and nothing else. No pets, no drones, no nothing. Just your firsts Also, hypos are the only device that will be okay to use.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Bah no point to this then. :p

I fight with whatever is to... errr... claw, which includes poisonous teeth and lunging.
And the hypos will make this ridiculous.

Pass.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
As I stated, I was playing Devil's Advocate, to be sure it was clearly stated. Unfortunately, Jeslyn is correct that if you don't specifically state something isn't allowed, people will play dumb.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-13-2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortarrKang
As I stated, I was playing Devil's Advocate, to be sure it was clearly stated. Unfortunately, Jeslyn is correct that if you don't specifically state something isn't allowed, people will play dumb.

Yeeeeep. Its the chief reason that I tend to avoid these kinds of events. There are a lot of honest people, but sadly there are a lot of dishonest ones as well.

Then there are the people who will try to play an honest match but genuinely cannot help but get an advantage. Not much you can do about some innate abilities like the Enhanced Strength Traits. Can't fault the players for that one, though.
Closed Thread