Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Ok, no hypos actually -- I don't think you will die fast enough with the CD being only 30 sec. And, I said innate "abilities, not "traits". Any thing that is clickable other than your 1,2,3 fist "powers" will not be allowed :p

I will go over the rules again with everyone who shows up to participate I will also evolve them based on feedback here.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-13-2012, 03:19 PM
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure: we are just trying to get all our ducks in a row so that everyone will be on the page and no one will be left crying over spilled milk.

And have multiple cliches in the same sentence. :p
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Any thing that is clickable other than your 1,2,3 fist "powers" will not be allowed :p
You do know people will do it anyways for the lulz right?
There is no way to stop em. *shrug*

It'd almost be worth spectating just to watch the Gorn wreak carnage.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-13-2012, 05:31 PM
I can't wait till I get my new computer (ordered this week hopefully with it arriving next week ) then I can get back into joining these fun nights!
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-14-2012, 12:23 AM
So basically a naked fight club... sounds fun. Maybe I will be there.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-14-2012, 02:06 AM
So this is what STO has come to. Gambling and Bare knuckle fist fights. I’m afraid to ask what’s next? What makes it worst is that it’s organized by a Cryptic employee, and the one supposed to be the moral compass of the forums.

What a sad day for us all.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-14-2012, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Hi Captains!

I am organizing an in-game (Holodeck) Boxing Ground PvP event for this coming Friday.

The first timeslot will be at 9pm GMT/ 1pm PST/ 4pm EST.

The second timeslot will be at 5pm PST/ 8pm EST/ 1am GMT.

Let's plan to meet on the second floor of DS9's promenade. From there,we'll queue up for private matches. Feel free to attend with a character on either faction, but, they must remove all weapons, kits, armor, and personal ground shields before entering the queue. You will only be allowed to use your bare fists, and can not use any of your innate abilities (Security Team, Cover Shields, Dampening Field etc.). We'll try and do as many matches as possible, for one full hour. Please join the OrganizedPvP channel or the REDALERT channel to see any communication/ instructions from myself.

If you can't make it Friday, I would like to try and do these often, and on different days/ times. Feel free to post constructive feedback in here with ideas, including if you would like to see this expanded to other types of events (STFs, Fleet Actions etc.).

Hope to see many of you Friday!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
If this event is well attended, I'd suggest adding more time slots and/or spacing them out more. It nearly completely hoses working stiffs on the West Coast who might not get off work until 6 or 7pm.
And i'm part of a division that craves Ground PVP- with current time slots, a lot of my brethren will be unable to attend as well.

I like that I've seen you guys trying to address Ground PVP and hope you continue to promote it. Please keep it up. But PLEASE avoid the travesty that is the Double Chip days of the STFs being only on a weekday. Take a page from HBO and have Saturday Night Fights. Straddle it so it's also Sunday Morning for those across the pond and I think your attendance might be up. THrow in some special, but not crazy loot, and you might have a massive community event on your hands.
(Ideas for loot for this and future things could be as simple as a title! Perhaps make it a monthly event and have special titles that are temporary or even permanent (like City of Heroes had way back when): "KnockOut Champ" or "Flyweight" etc. Perhaps offer up a highly valued prize for the ultimate winner of the night: a BOFF that is meh for space, but amazing ground melee.

Just a few thoughts.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Quote:
As I mentioned in the OP, no "innate abilities". What this boils down is just using your bare hand, and nothing else. No pets, no drones, no nothing. Just your firsts Also, hypos are the only device that will be okay to use.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
=( no nerve pinch for me lol will try to make it. Also people playing using a Klingon or a Vulcan will do more damage because of traits =P
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-15-2012, 08:15 AM
is there a way to see peoples equipment? Im just curious incase someone tries the "disable visuals" on armor and say they dont have it equipped when they really do.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-15-2012, 01:11 PM
*double-half-gainer, then jackknife into a double facepalm* It's really sad that I know this is a serious thread without having to ask for confirmation.
Closed Thread