Lt. Commander
Any new items in the horizon?

It needs to be expanded to include some MK XII Purple items please.

My lobes are tingling :p
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2012, 03:30 PM
I certainly hope so. Of course, that hope is dashed by the massive Dilithium Cost in Crafting. Even if there was a new Set, it would take months to save up enough cash.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2012, 03:34 PM
Yesterday I proposed that crafters should be allowed to upgrade the FE-rewards to Mk XI or XII purple versions. Not many people were interested. But yes, crafting really, really, really needs a new set. In the best case an improved Aegis with engines that go faster in sector space.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeslyn
I certainly hope so. Of course, that hope is dashed by the massive Dilithium Cost in Crafting. Even if there was a new Set, it would take months to save up enough cash.
Cash? You mean like C-point cash? Or do you mean save up enough dilithium?

Last I checked, crafting gives you a discount on dilithium compared to the regular dilithium store. The purple Mark XI gear costs around 12K dilithium (approx I think). Less if you craft during the crafting event. That is less than 2 days of grinding assuming you hit the max 8000 cap per day.

Or, if you have the real cash, you can buy C-points and sell for dilithium. Right now, it's a good time to sell c-points for dil. You can even trade the exchange if you plan ahead. I bought 1500 c-points with dilithium last week before the recent lock-box event. Back then, the rate was around 200 dil per c-point. Now, the rate has increased to around 230 dil per c-point, and I sold all 1500 points back. Netted a profit of 45,000 refined dilithium in 2 days.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
Cash? You mean like C-point cash? Or do you mean save up enough dilithium?

Last I checked, crafting gives you a discount on dilithium compared to the regular dilithium store. The purple Mark XI gear costs around 12K dilithium (approx I think). Less if you craft during the crafting event. That is less than 2 days of grinding assuming you hit the max 8000 cap per day.

Or, if you have the real cash, you can buy C-points and sell for dilithium. Right now, it's a good time to sell c-points for dil. You can even trade the exchange if you plan ahead. I bought 1500 c-points with dilithium last week before the recent lock-box event. Back then, the rate was around 200 dil per c-point. Now, the rate has increased to around 230 dil per c-point, and I sold all 1500 points back. Netted a profit of 45,000 refined dilithium in 2 days.

I meant Dilithium Cash.

I can't speak for others, but right now my Real-Life Self is a little too broke to afford C-Points. I need all the money that I can get.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeslyn
I meant Dilithium Cash.

I can't speak for others, but right now my Real-Life Self is a little too broke to afford C-Points. I need all the money that I can get.
400 CP stipend = 92,000 refined dilithium right now. Just an option to consider.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-13-2012, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
400 CP stipend = 92,000 refined dilithium right now. Just an option to consider.
Gotta admit... That would pay for at least a month of crafting for me right now. I've been doing stuff-all since the Dilthium cost was introduced to the formula. A console here and there after certain changes happened, perhaps... But almost all my high end items have come from STFs so far.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-13-2012, 04:32 PM
Well I crafted so many items before the changes, there is nothing that I need, and I really don't need any more EC. I'd love some new unique crafting items for myself, and to be able to test out the new crafting changes. My inventory is overflowing with samples right now.

Maybe instead of adding new items, go back to the original 'Reseach and Development' concept, and allow upgrades to existing items. For example, Upgrade White -> Green -> Blue -> Purple. Would love to upgrade to MK XII Purple Consoles
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-13-2012, 04:40 PM
A crafting revamp is on the schedule. Doubt we'll see anything added until that happens.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
A crafting revamp is on the schedule. Doubt we'll see anything added until that happens.
This is true (part of season 6 I think), but I still support the suggestion.