Lt. Commander
# 41
02-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Any chance of more FEs this year considering the change back to the Executive Producer who wannted to do five to nine of these per year? Also, does this mean a return of the 'Ask Cryptic' and 'Enginnering Reports' that were a staple under DStahl's previous tenure in the position?

Enquiring minds (well this one anyway) would love to know what the game's priorities will be post F2P and once again under DStahl's direction; and second time in the chair. (I think he did a good job overall during STO's first year - and would hope we could get back to that type of direction again - even if he was occassionally over optimistic on some things during the Atari sale and PWE aquisitioon period during this last (second) year.

But again, would love to know what Dan's view is for the game's future development now that he's back in STO's 'big chair'.
Lt. Commander
# 42
Welcome back, Dan - we've missed you!
Lt. Commander
# 43
*Puts on a special new pair of boots, straightens pips*

Welcome back sir. The ship's been through a few rough battles, but the crew held her together. Good to have you back.

Oh, pardon the mess in the Obs Lounge - we uh.....

well you know what they say - While the Cat's away....

I'll get Ops right on that.... yes sir.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-13-2012, 04:27 PM
Welcome back, Dan!

I got the impression from D'Angelo's posts that a lot of things discussed by you were in the extremely early stages -- I hope that with PWE and the success of F2P that the resources needed to make said ideas and concepts possible become reality this year.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-13-2012, 04:27 PM
This was my reaction!

I am very thankful for this, but I must express trepidation.

I know Dans heart is in the right place, and I know he has the same vision for STO that I do, but..

I have no idea how much or how little control the EP seat has over this game anymore. Everything we've seen for the last six months tells me that PWE has the reins,that they're accountants call the shots.

I really do hope Dan puts the focus back on content and fair treatment of the players, but I don't know if he can through PWEs single-minded focus on profit before all else.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Welcome back, Stahl!

(I'm betting that D'angelo is happy to go back to focusing on making the tech work! After all, if Scotty is busy sitting in the big chair, guess who's in Engineering? Not Scotty.)
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-13-2012, 04:29 PM
yay! thank goodness!
Lt. Commander
# 48
Welcome back, Dan! I enjoyed your alacrity and energy during your previous tenure as EO. Looking forward to see what you'll do this year.
Lt. Commander
# 49
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~PWE_BranFlakes
Lt. Commander
# 50
This is actually great news...

I for one am looking forward to the return of teh engineering reports again...along with Ask Cryptic...