Lt. Commander
I couldnt find any definite answer to my question. I have a relative that is going through the turtorial right now and I told him I would create a fleet for him to join up but I would like to help him out leveling up by placing my lvl 32 Galaxy class starship alongside of his first command to help him out.

So my question is how does one go about this or is it even possible with different lvl characters?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2012, 04:17 PM
Add him as a friend in-game, when you both are online invite him to a team by right clicking his name and doing invite to team. When you are in a team you can share missions, double click your mission window, at the bottom click the share button. Then go with him on missions.

If you want to run at his level, level match him by clicking the level match button on the team info on the left side of your screen, it'll be near his icon. Make sure to match his level before entering systems, else if you are team leader all the enemies will be at your level. Best bet is let him, the lower level, be the team/squad leader, you can set him as that, again, on the team icon on the left side of the screen.

That's it really, no fleet required for this. You can team with any person in this game if they want to also, you can have up to 5 people total in a team, i.e. you plus four others.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2012, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Doctor.
Add him as a friend in-game, when you both are online invite him to a team by right clicking his name and doing invite to team. When you are in a team you can share missions, double click your mission window, at the bottom click the share button. Then go with him on missions.

If you want to run at his level, level match him by clicking the level match button on the team info on the left side of your screen, it'll be near his icon. Make sure to match his level before entering systems, else if you are team leader all the enemies will be at your level. Best bet is let him, the lower level, be the team/squad leader, you can set him as that, again, on the team icon on the left side of the screen.

That's it really, no fleet required for this. You can team with any person in this game if they want to also, you can have up to 5 people total in a team, i.e. you plus four others.
Ah ok, I was under the impression a fleet was required to go on combined missions. Thanks for taking the time to clarify for me.