Lt. Commander
I'm getting no traction on a new mission. The "new" search shows missions like Spirits of Ramok and Worst of All Worlds.

Therefore, I will assume it is broken. Please fix. This list is dominated by early success stories. It takes an episode of stoked to push something to the top.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Actually what I think is making this list useless is the fact that when Cryptic does an auto-republish of all missions after a big patch, it makes them all "new" again, which is why you are seeing old missions on there all the time, because their "newness" has been reset.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
Actually what I think is making this list useless is the fact that when Cryptic does an auto-republish of all missions after a big patch, it makes them all "new" again, which is why you are seeing old missions on there all the time, because their "newness" has been reset.
Interesting, Galactrix.

Yeah, that makes sense, but no sense from a design standpoint. The search should recognize the date of original publish, don't you think?

It's sad that new missions are not getting played due to the dominance of the old. There is not real way to browse what is new.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-09-2012, 12:47 PM
I was watching this last night as all the missions were being autopublished. The "new" list was almost identical to the 'top rated' list, which seems to confirm that auto-publish is borking the new filter.

New filter is not working, and new missions have to rely on word of month to get plays.

Can a dev please acknowledge that they are aware of this? It's a major bug.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-11-2012, 11:27 PM
Thanks for finding this. This is not the designed behavior for the "New" search.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinder View Post
Thanks for finding this. This is not the designed behavior for the "New" search.
Thank you jfinder. Are we correct that it's related to auto-republish? Any idea how a fix will correct the problem? Any possible eta?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-13-2012, 12:22 AM
We're all hard at work right now making sure that the Season 6 Foundry launch goes smoothly (unlike Season 4) so I haven't yet looked at the details of this bug, but I suspect that republishing is updating the "last published" timestamp, like you guessed.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinder View Post
We're all hard at work right now making sure that the Season 6 Foundry launch goes smoothly (unlike Season 4) so I haven't yet looked at the details of this bug, but I suspect that republishing is updating the "last published" timestamp, like you guessed.
Thank you. If this is something that can be fixed prior to a big patch, it would be great to see. There are lots and lots of missions that aren't getting played due to this bug. It's a very discouraging bug.