Lt. Commander
# 1 Is there a secret to costumes?
02-22-2012, 07:52 AM
I have all sorts of choices from wrath of khan, tng, ds9, tng movies, etc as far as outfits in the game yet when I try to create a npc in the foundry I'm stuck with jacket, robe or formal and thats it?? I must be missing something.

Kind of hard to create a beach environment when everyone is in suits. I tried placing Risian npcs but I don't see where I can edit their looks so I don't have 10 clones all standing next to each other.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-22-2012, 08:01 AM
No, there's no secret. The problem is they haven't added all the costumes yet.

For a beach it's tough. For the women you have the option of using the TOS Mirror Universe top, or the formal dress top, combined with one of the skirt options for the pants. You can make something that passes for a swim suit with them, I think.

But for the men there are basically no good options whatsoever.

Actually, maybe this is a "secret". Make a costume and select Klingon faction, and choose Orion. Set the skin color to be the very lightest shade and you have a very light yellowish color which might be able to "pass" as human (see what it looks like with the Risian sun lighting). With the Orions you have the options of bare chest for men, and the very risque Orion tops/loin cloths for women.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-22-2012, 08:05 AM
Yeah, I managed to make a female love interest look ok wearing the formal outfit but it is far from a bathing suit. As far as the male love interest I'm pretty much stuck using the bartender and he isn't exactly handsome in any way.

*sigh*

EDIT: I just saw your update! Thanks, I'll try the Orion trick thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-22-2012, 01:40 PM
Thanks again Nagorak. I found that Orion works pretty well at making beach going bums. If only Orion males had hair and didn't wear pants but it's close enough