Lt. Commander
Hello peeps

Just completed my first foundry mission but it wasn't without its difficulties so I have some questions.

1. How do I have the enemy beam in to my location? I wanted the Borg to beam In after finishing a conversation with an admiral. But when I found the admiral on the map the Borg was already there.

2. Where is my mission? I've published it and it was successful but nothing shows up when I scan me under the authors tab.

3. On the ground map I wanted to beam up an item but when I clicked on the device I beamed up and then came back again. I clicked on interact with object and set animation to beam out starfleet artifact.

Thanks
Keeny
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2012, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeny View Post
Hello peeps

Just completed my first foundry mission but it wasn't without its difficulties so I have some questions.

1. How do I have the enemy beam in to my location? I wanted the Borg to beam In after finishing a conversation with an admiral. But when I found the admiral on the map the Borg was already there.
Is the conversation with the Admiral part of the story itself? If so one way you can do it is use the state tab on the Borg to go from hidden>visible on objective completion(whatever you called the talk to admiral objective) There are several ways you can do this with the state change triggers.

Quote:
2. Where is my mission? I've published it and it was successful but nothing shows up when I scan me under the authors tab.
All new missions will show up in the review content tab until they have 5 reviews. Also remember that depending on your characters level, if you use npcs that are a higher level then you have reached in the game, you will not see your mission listed there.

Quote:
3. On the ground map I wanted to beam up an item but when I clicked on the device I beamed up and then came back again. I clicked on interact with object and set animation to beam out starfleet artifact.
Right now, you cannot do this successfully. This was broken well before the Foundry went out to most of the users and has not been revisited so far with their changes. The best you can do is either to find a way to hide the object inside another.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2012, 04:55 PM
1-

Yeah, we'll need to know how you talk to the Admiral.

Is it a Talk to NPC objective? A popup dialogue thing that you slot in between objectives? or a map dialog?

2-

Missions have to pass the 'review' stage before they are allowed into STO properly. To review mission you can click 'Become a reviewer' in the Community Authored section of the Available Missions tab.

3-

Are you trying to 'beam up' an NPC Contact or an object?

You can show and hide objects but you can only show NPC Contacts/Groups
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2012, 05:01 PM
keeny,

If you want real time answers and advice, you can get help 24/7 in starbase ugc's chat room:

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/chat/