Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
My thread was deleted because it apparently violated the rules. But nowhere in the rules does it say that it is forbidden to ask players for a trade of ingame items on the forums.

The section on sales and trading does not apply:

Quote:
You may not create posts and/or private messages that allude to... sale and/or trade of any account, character and/or other game asset for out of game assets.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2012, 02:14 AM
As I understand it, the rule there covers trading as an infractionable offense.

Trading items for in-game assets gets deleted because Cryptic cannot and will not police arrangements for trades and basically operates under the assumption that solicitations for in-game trade are all potentially fraudulent and not something they're willing to support on the forums in any way.

That's my helpful $.02 from memory on the matter. I'd suggest dealing with this via community ticket.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2012, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
As I understand it, the rule there covers trading as an infractionable offense.

Trading items for in-game assets gets deleted because Cryptic cannot and will not police arrangements for trades and basically operates under the assumption that solicitations for in-game trade are all potentially fraudulent and not something they're willing to support on the forums in any way.

That's my helpful $.02 from memory on the matter. I'd suggest dealing with this via community ticket.
Blizzard can't either and so takes the stand point if you are going to do it you do so at your own risk. If anything goes wrong then it is basically tough luck you were warned that they do not support trades made via the forum. I can't see why it can't be the same here as long as it is only for in game things for in game things.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2012, 06:07 AM
Since we're talking about the rules...

Quote:
Posting Private Correspondence
You may not post messages that have been sent or received in private. This includes, but is not limited to:•PMs received from other users and PWE Staff.
•Correspondence from our Customer Service Department or moderators.
•Discussing disciplinary actions taken against any forum, or game account.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2012, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-El
Since we're talking about the rules...
And furthermore:

Quote:
If you believe that someone has violated our Rules and Policies or you have spotted content that may otherwise require attention, please use the Report Post button with a brief description of what you believe is wrong. Notification is voluntary and anonymous, but in no situation should a user respond to an issue personally, thereby aggravating the situation further.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2012, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decronia
Blizzard can't either and so takes the stand point if you are going to do it you do so at your own risk.
Problem being that no one heeds the warnings and people still file GM tickets. Easier to avoid the GM spam by just deleting the topics. It's tough enough to get GM help within a reasonable amount of time without jamming them up more.

Beyond that, we don't need this board filled with trading topics which it would be if it were allowed.

Also, allowing stuff like that discourages the use of the Exchange. It's a bad idea to allow people to use the forums to undermine the in-game method of selling to strangers.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-14-2012, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Also, allowing stuff like that discourages the use of the Exchange. It's a bad idea to allow people to use the forums to undermine the in-game method of selling to strangers.
If people want something besides mountains of EC in exchange for their stuff, then closing forum topics isn't going to stop them.

Its just going to cause them to 'spam' chat with their offer.

We already have enough spam in chat.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-14-2012, 11:13 AM
Hi Forgotten-Nemesis,

Sorry for the confusion. Because you are not wanting to trade/ sell it for OOG currency, the post is okay. I have reopened it here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=254784 But, since discussing moderation is not allowed, I am going to close this thread down. In the future, please submit a community ticket.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Closed Thread