Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
The third skill listed next to the Bridge Officers (from left to right) is not clickable, will not display its tool tip, nor will the Bridge Officers themselves use the skill at any time on their own.

Originally I thought the skill in question was the LCDR skill and that proved false due to one of the Bridge Officers having the skills displayed in reverse order; in this case the Ensign skill was unusable.

This is, unfortunately, hampering any ground fighting I have because those skills listed in that spot always end up being shield or health restores. No clue why that's the case, but that's the way the skills were ordered on the Away Team buttons.

It is as if the skill itself does not exist.

To give some information as to how this led up in case troubleshooting goes into effect on this, which is, of course, my hope, here is the course of events that led to this.

Gained CDR; Promoted Bridge Officers to LCDR; Proceeded to train various skills to each Bridge Officer to fit personal Away Team preference; Assigned several Bridge Officers to Away Team positions; Upon first ground combat immediately following all events listed prior, Skill Button #3, with icon present, on all Away Team members, suffers the aforementioned problem.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2012, 01:06 PM
As is skill slot 4. I posted about it myself.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=254075
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2012, 12:15 AM
I have this problem, too, but no answer from the developers.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2012, 06:00 AM
Had something interesting happen just tonight. I was able to, very briefly, get the tool tip for my third crew member skill to blink off and on rapidly, which, of course, only happens when you can select the button. However, when I went to select it, hoping it was working again, nothing happened and it went right back to being an inactive graphic.

This is becoming a bit of a terrible hindrance because the skill getting slotted in that spot always ends up being a recovery skill of some sort for me. In this instance, it's Shield Recharge I. In the case of my brother (whom I've played almost exclusively with), his Science officer is unable to use her highest rank recovery ability because of this inactive button issue.

This wouldn't bother me as much if the crew members could still use them, but it's like that skill might as well just get taken off and removed outright.

They don't use it, I can't select and force them to use it, so I'm left with a grab bag of whether or not the skills I need are going to even be available to use.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2012, 07:22 AM
Two days ago I've installed STO from scratch, but the problem is always present ---> Don't install STO once again, it's pointless.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Same problem
02-15-2012, 08:50 PM
I cannot access 3rd of 4th column of my BO skills. I did not see it on Feb 16th known issues (of course I didn't see that the FE does not worked while in a team either). Just wish a Dev would read these messages on the forums and just reply with a "Noted" or "We're on it" or something. There are other threads like this in the forums but they just seem to fade away with no dev response. I figured I would respond to this one to let the OP know he's not alone and hope it gets some sort of response from the devs.
Lt. Commander
# 7 Good news!!!
02-16-2012, 01:13 AM
Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 7 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

- -- --- ---- ----- ---- --- -- -

Subject
Startrek Online (PC)

Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (Support Staff xxxx) 02/15/2012 04:49 PM
We are pleased to let you know that your issue has been addressed. It should have been incorporated into one of our recent patches.

For further information about changes to your game, please visit the game forums, which can be reached through the Community Tab on the launcher.

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for playing!
Cryptic Support
Customer By Email ( xxxxx@yyyyyyy.zzz) 02/12/2012 06:55 AM
The buttons of the BO abilities of level I and II (i.e. "Chroniton Mine Barrier I" and "Turret Fabrication I") don't work: when I try to activate those abilities nothing happens. Conversely the abilities of level III and IV work as usual.
This problem lasts from 2 patches, at least.
Lt. Commander
# 8 Um read their response again
02-16-2012, 09:24 AM
"We are pleased to let you know that your issue has been addressed. It should have been incorporated into one of our recent patches."

That looks like past tense to me. I can tell you that unless it's been fixed with today's patch, they are incorrect.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmiami View Post
"We are pleased to let you know that your issue has been addressed. It should have been incorporated into one of our recent patches."

That looks like past tense to me. I can tell you that unless it's been fixed with today's patch, they are incorrect.
It was in todays patch. I have been able to use all the skills of my BOffs when I choose to, finally.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-16-2012, 11:53 PM
Yes, it is correct!