Lt. Commander
Why don't you all put these cards in real stores like CVS, Best Buy, Walmart, etc. You would make a lot more money if they were like other F2P games do.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2012, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfighterJ View Post
Why don't you all put these cards in real stores like CVS, Best Buy, Walmart, etc. You would make a lot more money if they were like other F2P games do.
Good idea, but wouldn't the cards cost more than just buying online B/C of shipping/card manufacturing/negotiating with businesses to allow them to sell?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2012, 09:48 AM
They do... or at least at Walmart in my market up here in Michigan. They are 'perfect world' cards sold in $10 amounts. You have to go to billing.perfectworld.com to turn in for zen points and then in turn transfer into cpoints. The current rate is $10 for 1000 zen which in turn can be turned into 800 cpoints.

They are easy to use...and your perfect world info is the same as your STO account (username, password, etc)

I actually use these cards all the time since I'm not a fan up putting cc info online when i don't have to...

FYI, the cards say perfect world on them however there is no indication (ie picture) of STO on them... the cards in my market have two alien elf chicks with swords...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2012, 10:02 AM
they won't cause it'll take away from PWEs profit margins,those of u who r f2pers got stuck with a f2p account to make PWE money.me being an old hat here can still paypal cryptic directly without "zen points"lol.there are 2 different account types for a reason, cryptic accounts dont have to go through PWE as a vendor,PW accounts do.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-02-2012, 09:10 AM
I see Starwars old Republic has already doing it
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergenera1 View Post
they won't cause it'll take away from PWEs profit margins,those of u who r f2pers got stuck with a f2p account to make PWE money.me being an old hat here can still paypal cryptic directly without "zen points"lol.there are 2 different account types for a reason, cryptic accounts dont have to go through PWE as a vendor,PW accounts do.
I'm pretty sure the money ends up at the same place no matter how you pay.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-03-2012, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergenera1 View Post
This is totally false. Cryptic is owned by Perfect World, as such any money Cryptic makes, does go to PWE as well and obviously money PWE makes helps Cryptic.

As for the design of the PWE Zen cards in stores, I'm pretty sure (not totally mind you) that there will be ones with STO/CO on them, but stores normally carry cards from like months ago. So it may just take awhile.

I wouldn't quote me on the STO cards though, granted it makes sense to use such a large IP on a card but meh that's just my opinion

PS -- Just because you're an old hat doesn't mean that sooner or later you'll be required to make a PWE account