Lt. Commander
# 1 dilithium to EC exchange
02-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Any chance for an dilithium to EC exchange?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonoa View Post
Any chance for an dilithium to EC exchange?
Dilithium is not directly transferable between different accounts, (and this is the foundation of the Cryptic income model...) so its unlikely we will see a Dilithium to EC exchange... If you want to convert your Dilithium into ECs, there are 3 ways you can do this...
  1. Convert your Dilithium into 'Unreplicatable Materials' and post them on the Exchange
  2. Use 'Unreplicatable Materials' in 'Crafting' and post the items on the Exchange
  3. Convert your Dilthium into C-Points, and purchase 'tradeable' C-Store items (e.g. Pets, some BOs, DOFFs) and post on the Exchange

To go in the reverse direction, (convert ECs into Dilithium) you can buy up DOFFs off of the Exchange, then dismiss them to get recruitment CXP and Dilithium (75 per common, more for higher quality DOFFs)
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
Dilithium is not directly transferable between different accounts, (and this is the foundation of the Cryptic income model...) so its unlikely we will see a Dilithium to EC exchange... If you want to convert your Dilithium into ECs, there are 3 ways you can do this...
  1. Convert your Dilithium into 'Unreplicatable Materials' and post them on the Exchange
  2. Use 'Unreplicatable Materials' in 'Crafting' and post the items on the Exchange
  3. Convert your Dilthium into C-Points, and purchase 'tradeable' C-Store items (e.g. Pets, some BOs, DOFFs) and post on the Exchange

To go in the reverse direction, (convert ECs into Dilithium) you can buy up DOFFs off of the Exchange, then dismiss them to get recruitment CXP and Dilithium (75 per common, more for higher quality DOFFs)
people still craft?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2012, 10:23 AM
Nevermind =P
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2012, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Or use your DL to purchase high end gear and sell it on the exchange.
Last I checked, items bought in the dilithium store are bound (on pickup). Only the crafted items are not bound. Unless this has changed, of course. Haven't bought anything from dilithium store since F2P went live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonoa View Post
people still craft?
Occasionally. Had to craft some consoles when they switched the field generator to sci.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
Last I checked, items bought in the dilithium store are bound (on pickup). Only the crafted items are not bound. Unless this has changed, of course. Haven't bought anything from dilithium store since F2P went live.
They are BoP at VA anyway not looked at them at lower levels as I was doing a price stat comparison between dil-store items and crafted. The question is do they have a resale value to vendors or the replicator? Given the exchange option is obviously out of the window for VA level items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonoa
people still craft?
Baring items needing unreplicatable materials I have crafted everything for my characters as they level. I just hope the rumour of this being given a revamp are tue. I like crafting in every game I have played so far, even the poor system in WAR.