Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Why not have ships provide a bonus for you using weapons that are native to the ship's faction?
For example a federation ship (Galaxy, Akira, Nova, and so forth) would provide something like a .5% bonus to phaser's ability so if you use phaser on it, the proc chance would increase to 3%
For a klingon ship (Brel, Ktinga, Vorcha etc), that would be to the distruptor's breach ability as well, bringing it to 3%.

It is just a rough thought. Reward you for using the faction's native space weapon technology but doesn't penalize you if you used other tech on your ship instead. For a very small bonus.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-14-2012, 12:21 PM
At first it sounds nice (and using native weapon types is something I do on most chars) but I wouldn't want something to stop others using the weapon type of their choice, or make it a less attractive choice, even if only by a little.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-14-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halstead
It is just a rough thought. Reward you for using the faction's native space weapon technology but doesn't penalize you if you used other tech on your ship instead. For a very small bonus.
Here's the problem: If you reward people for using a certain type of weapon on their ship you penalize everyone who doesn't. This proposal has come up before and it is simply not a very good idea since it would make all but two energy types obsolete. Not mentioning the mess it would make of projectile weapons, Klingons always used photon torpedoes, Federation ships used photon, quantum and transphasic.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-14-2012, 12:41 PM
2.5% is already more than enough for something as annoying as a subsystem proc.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Right now there is really no diference between Romulan Disruptors, Klingon Disruptors, or Cardassian Disruptors. So Cryptic could give them different traits and factional-only abilities.

For example:
  1. Klingon Disruptor Cannons have a higher damage value compared to Romulan Disruptor Cannons.
  2. Romulan Disruptor Beams have a higher accuracy value. In addition they have a chance at a higher critical with Beam overload while equipped on Romulan Warships.
  3. Cardassian Disruptor Beams having a higher firing rate with a lower accuracy modifier.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-14-2012, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
2.5% is already more than enough for something as annoying as a subsystem proc.
Amen! make the Disruptor proc effect shields and I'll sign on to this idea. Otherwise the phaser needs no more buffs to its excellent proc.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Right now there is really no diference between Romulan Disruptors, Klingon Disruptors, or Cardassian Disruptors. So Cryptic could give them different traits and factional-only abilities.

For example:
  1. Klingon Disruptor Cannons have a higher damage value compared to Romulan Disruptor Cannons.
  2. Romulan Disruptor Beams have a higher accuracy value. In addition they have a chance at a higher critical with Beam overload while equipped on Romulan Warships.
  3. Cardassian Disruptor Beams having a higher firing rate with a lower accuracy modifier.
This suggestion I like. Don't think the devs will do it because trying to differentiate disruptors at this point would be problematic. But it's still a good idea.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Agree with others it sounds good in theory. . but would penalize others. . how about a way to train in a certain damage type so you can gain a bonus to your damage type of choice. . . tier 1 mastery is 3% total. . tier 2 is 2 % total damage increase. . ect ect
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerbethor View Post
Agree with others it sounds good in theory. . but would penalize others. . how about a way to train in a certain damage type so you can gain a bonus to your damage type of choice. . . tier 1 mastery is 3% total. . tier 2 is 2 % total damage increase. . ect ect
I believe the current accolades already do this
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:50 PM.