I play WOW as well as STO (lifer) ,there is a challenge where it restrices what you can equip and use.
The rules are:
1. All gear employed must be White.
2. No transfer of gear, items, or money from any other character (yours or others), You can sell at the auction but not buy.
3. No buffs from items or other player.
4. No fleets except if they are Ironman fleet, no fleet perks
5. No grouping or assistance from other characters, even if not grouped.
6. No PVP
7. No raids, No battlegrounds/arenas.
8. No Recruit-A- Friend activities. The intention of the challenge is that it be done without assistance.
9. No add-ons that assist in combat and/or leveling.
10. No crafting at all.
11. THE BIG ONE: No deaths. Character death for any reason disqualifies the character. Must delete the Charactor. and start over.
- New ships
- All quests (including holiday and daily quests)
- You may train and use all your class skills (including your own buffs)
You will find this a hard challenge. Good luck to all who take up this challenge.
For got one more rule no food or drink, and no devices.
For #1 I think it would be more fair to say, you can equip any gear you find, or buy from an NPC vendor. EC only though, since dilithium purchases pretty much makes this point moot.
I also don't get the point of no food/hypos. There are so many OP enemies and BS deaths that you don't stand a chance. Hypos/devices at least give you some hope.
That said, I fail to see the point. The game mechanics in STO are so cheesy and sloppy that surviving all the way to lvl50 is more a function of luck and/or extremely boring perseverence than skill. "Hardcore" plays like these are only worthwhile if the game mechanic rewards greater player skill, and not stats/luck.