Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Huge NPC ships?
02-14-2012, 01:04 PM
I'm making a mission and in it I used a Mirror Universe Battleship group with costumes of federation ships on it.
When I run the mission in the foundry all of the enemies are normal but when I published it to test it with a friend we came across a huge ship in two encounters, has something like this happened to anyone?

Here's a few screenshots 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

I like the size of the ship, looks like proper scaling with my escort but it's almost half the size of Vulcan...

Anyway the mission is called Many of One(ST-HS3TPXVBQ), it's on the fed side and it's lvl 31+.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-14-2012, 03:02 PM
What a fantastic bug, I want to know to do this!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
OHHH!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, CRYPTIC!!! Please keep this as an option! Maybe reduce the size a tiny... but keep it as a seperate option! I gotta see this for myself
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGalaxy
OHHH!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, CRYPTIC!!! Please keep this as an option! Maybe reduce the size a tiny... but keep it as a seperate option! I gotta see this for myself
XD contact me in game and I'll publish it again so you can see it
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-14-2012, 05:00 PM
OKers... so it is @BlindSaviour, correct? Sometimes I wonder if someone's handle is different in the forums.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGalaxy
OKers... so it is @BlindSaviour, correct? Sometimes I wonder if someone's handle is different in the forums.
Yes it is, I have republished the mission and I'm online right now if you want to see it, I don't know if it will happen when you go solo on the mission but it happened with 2 or more people on the map...


Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
What a fantastic bug, I want to know to do this!
I used the mirror fed squadron - battleship 1 and I changed all of their costumes to be normal fed ships... I took 2 people on the map and it happened, that's all the info I can give.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-14-2012, 05:14 PM
One of the Galaxy class models is the oversized model from inside ESD. For some unknown reason it's not available on the ground/interiors where it would actually be to scale, but only available in space where it's oversized.

Change the Galaxy model you're using to a different one and it should be the proper size.

The reason you're only seeing this with 2+ is because it's one of the additional ships that spawns with more people, but not with a single player. If it's a cruiser or battleship group it is probably the second NPC from the bottom of the group's list.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
One of the Galaxy class models is the oversized model from inside ESD. For some unknown reason it's not available on the ground/interiors where it would actually be to scale, but only available in space where it's oversized.

Change the Galaxy model you're using to a different one and it should be the proper size.

The reason you're only seeing this with 2+ is because it's one of the additional ships that spawns with more people, but not with a single player. If it's a cruiser or battleship group it is probably the second NPC from the bottom of the group's list.

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-14-2012, 05:27 PM
I'll be on in 20 minutes... we'll do it then, BlindSaviour
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-16-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
One of the Galaxy class models is the oversized model from inside ESD. For some unknown reason it's not available on the ground/interiors where it would actually be to scale, but only available in space where it's oversized.
Actually, that's not true. The oversized Galaxy model in the Foundry is just a blown-up version of the playable ship. It lacks any of the extra details (look at the buzzard collectors on the nacelles) that the ESD model has.

That said, I'd still like to see the ESD ship models as ground/interior assets.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:02 PM.