Lt. Commander
# 51
02-16-2012, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardassianNinja View Post
I enjoyed the movie. It was pretty entertaining. I don't like Kirk going from suspended cadet to captain in like a day, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend that it's going to stop me from watching the next one. I highly doubt that more than 2% of you who vow not to watch the next one are actually going to do just that. You'd have nothing to complain about!
If there is nothing to complain about, people will complain that there is nothing to complain about. What would they do with their lives?? maybe actually get into the game? maybe go outside and do something?

Cryptic allows complainers to do what they do best..find things to complain about and debate the deep philosophies of complaining..hoping it makes them smarter by debating.

I really hope that gave everyone a headache trying to understand...I won't be alone.
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-16-2012, 10:33 PM
Quote:
The timeline of the film is distorted because the romulan appearence in the Kirk's born day.
not really. the only difference to the timeline as far as that goes was the destruction of the kelvin, the death of kirks father and the fact he was born on a shuttle. the rest of the timeline should have been totally unaffacted because nero spent the next few decades in a klingon prison.

the appearance of the romulans doesn't explain any of the other bizarre changes

the movie was crap and loaded with inconsistancies and plotholes
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-17-2012, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
not really. the only difference to the timeline as far as that goes was the destruction of the kelvin, the death of kirks father and the fact he was born on a shuttle. the rest of the timeline should have been totally unaffacted because nero spent the next few decades in a klingon prison.

ummm not so fast. rember all the klingosn he killed.a hole intire fleet lost of the klinogns.
who know who was on thous ships and who will not be born now. think the klingon story line now is wide open now
the move was a reboot. face it trak fans there is a new babby in town and it growing to be a genration trak thing . i can see as the older actors retire from convetions. the new ones will take there place at them
slow ly but shurly are trake will be considred non canon as the hew one gets more and more poppuler
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-17-2012, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nador_Ekoor View Post
If there is nothing to complain about, people will complain that there is nothing to complain about. What would they do with their lives?? maybe actually get into the game? maybe go outside and do something?

Cryptic allows complainers to do what they do best..find things to complain about and debate the deep philosophies of complaining..hoping it makes them smarter by debating.

I really hope that gave everyone a headache trying to understand...I won't be alone.
Complaining keeps people together. If it works for couples, it works for everything else.

Why would there be forums needed if no one were complaining? Happy threads die fast. Complaints make the world go round
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-17-2012, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmoomoo
TAS, like enterprise is best forgotten, but can never be un-made.
For that you will be banished to Megas-Tu. TAS is better than Insurrection, Nemesis and Abrams-crap put together. Kids these days. No respect for the classics.
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-17-2012, 05:41 AM
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFO_KillSwitch View Post
ummm not so fast. rember all the klingosn he killed.a hole intire fleet lost of the klinogns.
who know who was on thous ships and who will not be born now. think the klingon story line now is wide open now
the move was a reboot. face it trak fans there is a new babby in town and it growing to be a genration trak thing . i can see as the older actors retire from convetions. the new ones will take there place at them
slow ly but shurly are trake will be considred non canon as the hew one gets more and more poppuler
One apparently small change in history can have huge effects the further from the initial event. You think the loss of only one ship would have Zero effect on the galaxy is presumtuous in the extreme, considering who was born during that experience, and how it affects, him, will also affect thsoe around him. I tried to make that point in my last post, but no one seemed to have read it, because if pointed out too many facts that flew in the face of people's preconcieved notions.

If you look at actual history, I mean REALLY look at it, you'll notice that everything that happens on this planet is connected. It may not be obvious, it may not be immediate, but it is
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-17-2012, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTWinters
One apparently small change in history can have huge effects the further from the initial event. You think the loss of only one ship would have Zero effect on the galaxy is presumtuous in the extreme, considering who was born during that experience, and how it affects, him, will also affect thsoe around him. I tried to make that point in my last post, but no one seemed to have read it, because if pointed out too many facts that flew in the face of people's preconcieved notions.

If you look at actual history, I mena REALLY look at it, you'll notice that everything that happens on this planet is connected. It may not be obvious, it may not be imedite, but it is
Butterfly effect. Someone had to go there, the door was left far too wide open!
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-17-2012, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTWinters

If you look at actual history, I mena REALLY look at it, you'll notice that everything that happens on this planet is connected. It may not be obvious, it may not be imedite, but it is
Agreed.

Just the survivors of the Kelvin coming back and saying "There's a massive ship out there, and it did this!" would have caused some serious changes by it's self.
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-17-2012, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot-Cancer View Post
If they had been clever, they could have ended this one with Pike still in command and Kirk and Spock as his executive officer and science officer. Then, part of the plot of the next movie could be Pike a few years up the road, with an Admiral's promotion on his desk, deciding whether Kirk or Spock gets the Enterprise once he accepts his promotion, with Kirk eventually proving that he's the better man for the job.
But remember that producers and authors didn't know that they will be a second movie at first, they had to write a one-movie-kirk and spock-story
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-17-2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:

Kirk's father wasnt the only person who died on the Kelvin. Every single one of the people who died, and every single member of their family and friends who was effected by it was another alteration to the timeline.