Lt. Commander
# 11
02-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordEvan88 View Post
Its like saying why the Federation would send a Bolian or a Trill to represent them. The Klingon Empire is now multi-racial. They have no reason to discriminate. If a Gorn has skills as a diplomat, a Gorn can be a diplomat. It would be highly prejudiced if they only let certain races represent the greater Empire.
True. I was always under the impression that the Klingons were a racist society. At least where internal politics were concerned. Maybe the Federation really is starting to rub off on them.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Vryce View Post
True. I was always under the impression that the Klingons were a racist society. At least where internal politics were concerned. Maybe the Federation really is starting to rub off on them.
In hard canon I think they are racist, or more likely purists, but STO isn't hard canon.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Quote:
LOL! Well, I guess we all fight with ourselves from time to time.
Some one has to be the games nut... might as well be me.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-14-2012, 11:25 PM
Is diplomacy truly an Honorable act to a mighty warrior? I am sure most Klingons would much rather be on the field of battle then at a table.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-14-2012, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardassianNinja View Post
I thought you were gunna ask what 2800 stands for...cause I have no idea.
There are two rather (to me cause I have no life and am a nerd ^^ ) reasons for naming the series 2800.

1: 2800 is the number of ships that dissapeared in the Wormhole during "Operation Return" in Deep Space Nine, where capt. Sisko convinced the "Wormhole aliens" aka. "The Prophets" to... remove the dominion fleet that was supposed to reinforce and win the war for the dominion in the Dominion Wars.

2: There was a series called "The 4400", where a series of people dissapeared through time in a similar mysterious matter (they simply vanished without a trace), and then re-appeared without no warning and no indication as to where they had gone.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-15-2012, 12:29 AM
Admittedly, it doesn't make strict canon sense to have a Gorn representing the Klingon Empire but STO is "soft canon" and this is the way it had to be for developmental reasons.

In STO's Klingon Empire, all of the species folded in such as Gorn, Naussicaan, Orion, etc are supposedly considered equals by the High Council. For no other reason than Cryptic not having the resources to develop mini-factions for each "baddy" species separately.

Instead, they were all lumped into the KDF. And since that development decision was made, now they must have all these non-Klingon races assume Klingon roles and Klingon-ish dialog in episodes.

Other than that, S'taass is the Duty Officer contact for the KDF. He was a likely candidate to add since this is the first Featured Episode that integrates with the Duty Officer System.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-15-2012, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
Admittedly, it doesn't make strict canon sense to have a Gorn representing the Klingon Empire but STO is "soft canon" and this is the way it had to be for developmental reasons.

In STO's Klingon Empire, all of the species folded in such as Gorn, Naussicaan, Orion, etc are supposedly considered equals by the High Council. For no other reason than Cryptic not having the resources to develop mini-factions for each "baddy" species separately.

Instead, they were all lumped into the KDF. And since that development decision was made, now they must have all these non-Klingon races assume Klingon roles and Klingon-ish dialog in episodes.

Other than that, S'taass is the Duty Officer contact for the KDF. He was a likely candidate to add since this is the first Featured Episode that integrates with the Duty Officer System.
if they hadent put them all together i am sure the war with the Federation would have been over in a few days with the Klingons running out of men and women to fight the war. At least this way it seems possible for the war between them to be claiming so many lives
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-15-2012, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master

That seems like a very logical explanation. I just thought of something else. If I understand the STO timeline correctly, it hasn't really been all that long since the Gorn were conquered. It seems odd they would be drinking the Klingon "kool aid" so soon. I guess every species has their @#$ kissers.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-15-2012, 06:00 AM
Quote:
That seems like a very logical explanation. I just thought of something else. If I understand the STO timeline correctly, it hasn't really been all that long since the Gorn were conquered. It seems odd they would be drinking the Klingon "kool aid" so soon. I guess every species has their @#$ kissers.
Could also be this:

Send a Gorn, and succed with negotiations that saves the empire = "WE ARE KLINGONS... BLOODSHED... HONOR... WE WIN...".

Send a Gorn and fail negotiations = "It's all the Gorns fault.. KILL him... BLOODSHED... HONOR... FAIL".
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-15-2012, 06:02 AM
It makes perfect sense, a conquered race like the Gorn for sure has some members that are trying to be even more Klingon than the Klingons themselves.

S'tass or whatever his name is does his job wonderfully. Reward such a being and you have the most loyal and effective servant of the Empire ever. Turn them away and their love becomes hate.