Lt. Commander
Does anyone know when we can play the other faction's or civilain chartactor's ?

i'd personely like to open a shop , like a bar and make credit's or latnum , and hang out with our old friend's and be social , possibly buy some freight ship's and set up trade's build a business ?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2012, 07:27 PM
Romulans will probably come some time in 2013. As far as civilians, probably never as the game is action-centric and civilians don't really have combat ships.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2012, 07:30 PM
who says civilian's cant buy or sell weapon's ?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2012, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerChase View Post
who says civilian's cant buy or sell weapon's ?
It's not about them buying or selling weapons. It's about having things for them to do which aren't Starfleet Missions. Starfleet is not going to send in a civilian to take out the Doomsday Device, as an example.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2012, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
It's not about them buying or selling weapons. It's about having things for them to do which aren't Starfleet Missions. Starfleet is not going to send in a civilian to take out the Doomsday Device, as an example.
ok so you having bar fight's and smuggleing mission's , espionage , fighter's to protect your shipment's , profit is a motivater , also your military charactor might be able to do more on the side as well .

I'm glad to see their working on the faction's still , who know's what STO will be like in a few yr's
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2012, 09:08 PM
You could make a character and put them in Off-Duty clothing. Then Craft a lot of items and sell them on the Exchange. After that, you could spend a lot of time in a bar or standing behind a shop's counter.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2012, 12:09 AM
im trying to do that very thing
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2012, 01:21 AM
It could be difficult without using a starship to collect anomalies. I guess you could buy them at the Exchange, but that could get expensive.

Well, no. You could use a shuttle. Those could be civilian ships.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-15-2012, 01:24 AM
There is more than a fair share of civilian ships in the series... Some a purchased (mothball ships), some are stolen, and some are build...

That said... I don't think this is ever gonna happen in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-15-2012, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeslyn
Those could be civilian ships.
good idea , it could open up a whole new ship type even ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
There is more than a fair share of civilian ships in the series... Some a purchased (mothball ships), some are stolen, and some are build...

That said... I don't think this is ever gonna happen in STO.
yes but we cant play a charactor like mudd yet , bribing and all kind's of fun with this , not just talking about 1 type of civilion , maybe like 3 different civilion type's .