Lt. Commander
# 11
02-15-2012, 02:25 AM
The main problem here is that STO is not an RPG, it's an action game. Basically, the game itself offers almost exclusively combat oriented combat (EDIT: Combat oriented combat... wow XD). The only way you can get a feeling of civillian interaction is playing a char in Off-Duty outfit, buying one of the non-starfleet vessels from the c-store and rely on RP with other players. Especially if the last part doesn't work, the game itself offers you no content at all for your specific purpose. Other than standing around in social areas all day
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-15-2012, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VangarVega
The main problem here is that STO is not an RPG, it's an action game. Basically, the game itself offers almost exclusively combat oriented combat (EDIT: Combat oriented combat... wow XD). The only way you can get a feeling of civillian interaction is playing a char in Off-Duty outfit, buying one of the non-starfleet vessels from the c-store and rely on RP with other players. Especially if the last part doesn't work, the game itself offers you no content at all for your specific purpose. Other than standing around in social areas all day
wich is prolly what I will do

I like dabo

could this be done on the community theme mission's ? ive seen them but never tried to make one .
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-15-2012, 02:37 AM
I doubt there would be a faction like that being one example of why letheans are in the KDF they are basically mercenaries in their own right although we do not have mercenary costumes for our letheans... go figure
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-15-2012, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerChase View Post
wich is prolly what I will do

I like dabo

could this be done on the community theme mission's ? ive seen them but never tried to make one .

If you play Dabo, then you might be able to buy a holo-emitter of a freighter. I won't last long, but it is at least a civilian vessel.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-15-2012, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VangarVega
STO is a game? :p

Funny, I thought it was the stock market.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-15-2012, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeslyn
You could make a character and put them in Off-Duty clothing. Then Craft a lot of items and sell them on the Exchange. After that, you could spend a lot of time in a bar or standing behind a shop's counter.
I do just this with my Ferengi character, but I still hold out hope that someday there might be a simple civilian or mercenary faction option added to the game. It's certainly not impossible.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-15-2012, 06:33 AM
What you guys need is a Civilian Initiative for the foundry.
It shouldn't be much of a problem to create missions with civilian objectives.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-15-2012, 08:03 AM
I do wish the game wasnt just about the starfleet and missions and klingons and missions, but instead, more about the whole trek universe which is why were all here is to explore the trek universe not be forced into playing missions for the feds for the most part which while is nice and all i think everyone would have rather had a more generalized gameplay like be who you want to be and play how you want to be, mostly sandbox using the trek universe as a canvas.

Want to be an explorer grab a long range ship and go exploring a procedural generated space like in Elite, want to be a trader, just buy a cargo ship and trade wares all day, be a warrior go fight for the klingons with invasions of new species to conquer or if you want to be a fed in the military go work for starfleet and earn your ship and do some random missions. Want to be a crafter, open a shop and offer some wares like clothing and items or weapons.

I think i would have liked to be a ferengi and try smuggling business like quark with the authorities after you if you mess up and give chase.

Ah what it could have been..

Shame they severely limited the gameplay by focusing on story missions instead of general missions for one faction and limiting the factions you could play.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerChase View Post
Does anyone know when we can play the other faction's or civilain chartactor's ?

i'd personely like to open a shop , like a bar and make credit's or latnum , and hang out with our old friend's and be social , possibly buy some freight ship's and set up trade's build a business ?
My guess would be .....ahhhhh never.