Lt. Commander
# 21
02-14-2012, 10:00 PM
its not that I have anything against account linking... I'm just lazy and really don't want to set up a PWE account
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-14-2012, 10:03 PM
So basically this sale is about PWE trying to get us to link our accounts so they can try to hook us into their other games and make more money off us.

Nice try :p

I already get enough junk email.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-14-2012, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Body_Surfer
So basically this sale is about PWE trying to get us to link our accounts so they can try to hook us into their other games and make more money off us.

Nice try :p

I already get enough junk email.
Funny that you say that....because I have NEVER gotten a single junk email from PWE. Not one. They may cross promote their games and such, but that's about it.

And it still doesn't mean much when it might well happen that linking becomes mandated.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-14-2012, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
at the risk of stating the obvious.... 100 != 80 you know. there may be a bonus involved in this case but i'd still be cautious about it. if for no other reason then PW getting pushy with wanting to get people to link their accounts
At the risk of stating the obvious, $1=$1, you know.

If you buy a dollar's worth of Zen, you're getting a Dollar's worth of cryptic points. PWE doesn't even seem to be charging a conversion fee from what I've gathered. I know they have a 3000 zen bundle which gets 2400 C-points when converted (30 dollars of Zen equating to 30 dollars of C-points), so yeah, the F2Pers who have PWE accounts can get some nice bonuses here. (No way I'm connecting my account though).
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-14-2012, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
It wasn't a gripe, Mister Quick to Judgment. I honestly was trying to figure out the math.
That's *Miss* Quick to Judgement, thanks. :p
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armok
its not that I have anything against account linking... I'm just lazy and really don't want to set up a PWE account
Which is why, eventually, they will do it for you.

All other publishers have merged accounts after buying subsidiaries. EA/Bio, Acti/Blizz, MS, Sony... website networks too. Don't anyone kid themselves that it won't happen here. Count on it. It's vastly more efficient to administer one system.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-14-2012, 10:31 PM
Dear PWE,

Please keep your crafty, devious, greedy fingers off of my account for a long as you can. You'll never get a cent from me in those other games you make. This is the last game I'll play that has your name on it.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-14-2012, 10:56 PM
No thanks PWE, you have enough of my money already.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
Not linking my account, ever!
Ditto. I for one look forward to the day hopefully to come when PWE will be in financial trouble.. And will sell Cryptic to Blizzard.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-14-2012, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackynews View Post
Which is why, eventually, they will do it for you.

All other publishers have merged accounts after buying subsidiaries. EA/Bio, Acti/Blizz,
Wait, Acti/Blizz? Where? The only account merging that happened that I know of is WoW account to Battle.net account. Which is still Blizzard's, not Activision's. In fact, they're trying to keep as hands-off Blizz as possible, given their sales record and knowing interference could jinx it.

Anyway, my two cents; I don't know if Cryotic would really go full conversion after the Atari debacle. Perfect World may not give the Cryptic guys a choice, but I think they may have had some contractual terms set up prior to the buy to avoid a hostile management take-over. If not negotiated by Cryptic, then by CBS as an interested party (i.e. trademark holder).

I won't link my account for a lousy 15% bonus. But if I did, what is the exact process? Do you create a Perfect World account and then link your old STO account to it. or is it a conversion? And would you be able to login with your new PW account to access your STO account?