Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
I promised myself I wouldn't do this but I just snapped. I've been running STF's from back in the good old days when they we're released. I was happy and sad when you broke them down for the sake of the new comers and the casual community, as more people can now play them and sad since we lost what was a nice storyline and explanation for all us captains getting a chance.

Now I have been happy with the tech loot lotto and was amazed when I got my first armor drop after a month, and then I got an engine and another armor within a week. I was on a roll, but now I'm in a downward freefall, everyone seems to be getting drops on most runs, now I know I'm not alone in this problem but after running each ground STF over 100 times on elite now and seeing people get the sets within a small number of runs it's disheartening.

I know you want to keep the "best" gear in the game to be rare but right now it's essentially unattainable for a large percentage of dedicated players.

The idea that was me and some folks have been throwing around is using the 100 run accolades to unlock a store to buy them. But with the added twist of having to use prototype salvage and edc to craft a tech piece. So you'd have to run elite stfs and not just grind through normals.

Any useful feedback or ideas post them here to try.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Pretty much you gotta find static groups for a fleet and keep running them although I haven't found one yet thats a veteran running fleet that can actually do elite stf's mostly just wannabe's.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2012, 01:39 PM
You should look more thoroughly, then.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2012, 03:12 PM
You folks really didnt get the merit of the thread. Also I have a group of elite STF runners, we get optionals most of the time. We know all the stfs, the tactics for them all and we don't pug ever!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2012, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
You should look more thoroughly, then.
They work hard and you say that? I have a friend who has run about the same amount of STFs as Dangerous_Daswe. My friend has not got a single Prototype Tech drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous_Daswe
You folks really didnt get the merit of the thread. Also I have a group of elite STF runners, we get optionals most of the time. We know all the stfs, the tactics for them all and we don't pug ever!
I get it, I know the feeling... like "I feel like I'm gonna get something this time..." and you get the normal stuff...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2012, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGalaxy
They work hard and you say that?
That was directed at Zeuxidemus' comment, not the OP.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2012, 05:23 AM
What they should do is make that you can trade a number of EDC for example 200 for 1 your choice of prototype borg tech or maybie even more so you can grind but still get something at the end instead of getting nothing
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2012, 05:39 AM
I personally think rare and prototype salvage should be usable in a set amount to get a piece of the mark XII sets. 1, their rare, 2 one only drops in elites. So it's not like everybody is going to grab them constantly, and making it cost 10-15 rare and 2-4 prototype would keep it still a low number. And the best part, it makes the salvage have some value!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-15-2012, 05:43 AM
I still favor the Idea of making them available for rare borg salvage, a reasonable amount like 20 per piece? 30?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-15-2012, 06:43 AM
Personally, I like that you have to grind for the tech. It forces you to do all the STF's, at a challenging level, to get what you want most.

What I don't like is how low the drop rate is. If I run 20-30 STF's, I should get at least a couple techs from it.