Lt. Commander
Dear Cryptic,

As a presently paying Gold STO member based in Asia, I'm always locked out by Perfect World:
(No, I was not using proxies). I subscribed to STO in Feb 2000, so was an original Cryptic customer.

***Please fix this, because PW had just lost a potential customer inquiring about Zen Sale !

A) Perfect World +15% Zen Sale -- When I click on Cryptic's URL link, I get this error message:
http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2878
https://register.perfectworld.com/re.../banned_region

"Oops!
Our sincerest apologies, we cannot provide service to players in your region or to players using open proxies.
Please contact support at customerservice@perfectworldinc.com to resolve this issue."

I can't even find out what this +15% Zen Sale is all about !

B) Perfect World locks me out of StarTrekOnline site:

"Disabled Region
Our sincerest apologies, we cannot provide service to players in your region or to players using open proxies.
Please contact support at customerservice@perfectworldinc.com to resolve this issue."
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2012, 06:51 AM
It's not perfect world banning you.

It's the country you are in, Perfect world is banned in a number of places world wide.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2012, 06:59 AM
I really wish they would keep their advertising for the other game off the STO web page.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2012, 08:12 AM
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2012, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shapey
It's not perfect world banning you.

It's the country you are in, Perfect world is banned in a number of places world wide.
Those places made good calls...must have been the online gambling.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2012, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Those places made good calls...must have been the online gambling.
Either that, or asking for too big of a bribe under the table...
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2012, 12:11 PM
If you read the article in depth, those regions are banned because of either legal/administrative reasons OR they have their own localizations of PWE's games. Most of those localizations are sublicensed to other companies and it is the licensees' responsibility for account management and customer service. Therefore those regions cannot create accounts with PWE.

If you look on the website for the parent company, Perfect World Co., Ltd. (http://www.pwrd.com) you'll get a little more in-depth information.
Ensign
# 8 Banned region, but in the UK
07-20-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm getting this issue as well. I have an IP address in the UK. At one point in the past, my IP address was used as a proxy, but that is no longer the case but the PWE system is still identifying my address as belonging to either being in the wrong region (The United Kingdom is not in the banned region list) or as having an open proxy. Which it definitely doesn't!

I've managed to get a PWE account and cross link it to my Star Trek Online account by using my mobile phone, but this is just infuriating! Even though I now have a legit PWE account, it won't let me log in because my IP is on some stupid list I get:

"Our sincerest apologies, we cannot provide service to players in your region or to players using open proxies. "

PWE support won't even check that my IP is not an open proxy!