Lt. Commander
Does it seem to anyone else that this trait is not working at intended anymore? It's supposed to grant a burst of health regeneration and shield heal every 5 seconds but I'm pretty sure it is not providing the health regen. I only began to notice this when I switched to a Maco Armor and lost my typical +0.33 or so health regen from the armor. I noted when in red alert, my health does not regen at all unless I yank out a tribble that gives me a small regen. As for the shield, I'm not fully sure, I'll need to do more testing. It could be working and is just mixed in with all the other shield regen buffs but it may not be.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2012, 07:21 AM
I agree, my Liberated Borg VA does NOT regen in ground combat, even when I take cover to fix my shields and try to get my HP back up... It's annoying, even when not in combat my HP regens at a ridiculously slow rate.

Hope this gets fixed soon...

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2012, 07:28 AM
I never understood why they did this, but the regen burst temporarily adds +0.1 to your regen for a brief second. If you stare at your health regen in your status, you will see this flicker every 5 seconds or so. I dunno if this used to provide a quick burst of health regen prior to Season 4, but it doesn't appear to be working anymore.

Perhaps the best solution is to make it a lingering passive like other traits that grants the buff for 99999 seconds or something so its a permanent +0.1 regen.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2012, 10:47 AM
AFAIK it's always been every six seconds. My Lib Borg doesn't seem to regen much faster than my other characters but the natural regeneration rate indicated in the UI is higher than my other characters so it does appear to be working, it's just very weak. I'd imagine that most people just pop Hypo's between mobs anyway so it's probably not something that would be noticed.
It's also worth remembering that just like in Space the natural regeneration rate is massively reduced when in combat and only goes back to full strength when you're out of Red Alert so in combat the difference would be minimal anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
I never understood why they did this, but the regen burst temporarily adds +0.1 to your regen for a brief second. If you stare at your health regen in your status, you will see this flicker every 5 seconds or so. I dunno if this used to provide a quick burst of health regen prior to Season 4, but it doesn't appear to be working anymore..
When the 'Liberated Borg' Player Charcter was originally introduced, those nanites actually had the ability to bring you back (eventually) from a incapcitated state... but that was removed and replaced with the current 'nerfed' regeneration functionality...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militis View Post
AFAIK it's always been every six seconds. My Lib Borg doesn't seem to regen much faster than my other characters but the natural regeneration rate indicated in the UI is higher than my other characters so it does appear to be working, it's just very weak. I'd imagine that most people just pop Hypo's between mobs anyway so it's probably not something that would be noticed.
It's also worth remembering that just like in Space the natural regeneration rate is massively reduced when in combat and only goes back to full strength when you're out of Red Alert so in combat the difference would be minimal anyway.
It says 5 seconds in the tooltip and I would have to disagree on natural regen, particularly on the ground. I play as an engineer and thus have a decent ability to keep my shields up. What begins to kill me is the bleed through. Having even a 1% regen during battle with a typical 500 HP char would give you 5 HP every 5 or 6 seconds depending on your traits. Those do add up as time goes by and can reduce the freqency at which you use your hypos.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2012, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
It says 5 seconds in the tooltip and I would have to disagree on natural regen, particularly on the ground. I play as an engineer and thus have a decent ability to keep my shields up. What begins to kill me is the bleed through. Having even a 1% regen during battle with a typical 500 HP char would give you 5 HP every 5 or 6 seconds depending on your traits. Those do add up as time goes by and can reduce the freqency at which you use your hypos.
OK, I just checked my two Lib Borg characters and from what I can see the Nanites don't increase the regeneration rate directly, they just increase the rate of regeneration during the period of time the pulse is active (this is what you're seeing when the stats change to a slightly higher rate if regeneration). It looks to me like it's working.

EDIT: The pulse is a 10% boost, not 1% but is to the rate of regeneration not of your maximum HP. For my Andorian Tac (because that's the character I'm currently logged in on) that's 563HP/ minute as the regeneration rate is 100%/min. For a Lib Borg assuming no other changes the rate would be 110%/min but the boost to regeneration only registers when the regeneration is active which is why it doesn't show in the UI except for the brief flicker every 5 seconds.

I still disagree about the Nanites being overly important, but such is life. That 10% may look good on paper but when in combat that's much lower and 10% of not much is still not much, especially when most NPCs spam DoTs at a ridiculous rate.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2012, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
When the 'Liberated Borg' Player Charcter was originally introduced, those nanites actually had the ability to bring you back (eventually) from a incapcitated state... but that was removed and replaced with the current 'nerfed' regeneration functionality...
This would be great to be reimplimented, increases regen and reses player once every 15 minutes (if players dead for 2 minutes or something, a tad OP yes, but really not alot of players (% wise) have libirated borg its no more OP then the Jem hadar or Cardassian ship
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-17-2012, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militis View Post
OK, I just checked my two Lib Borg characters and from what I can see the Nanites don't increase the regeneration rate directly, they just increase the rate of regeneration during the period of time the pulse is active (this is what you're seeing when the stats change to a slightly higher rate if regeneration). It looks to me like it's working.

EDIT: The pulse is a 10% boost, not 1% but is to the rate of regeneration not of your maximum HP. For my Andorian Tac (because that's the character I'm currently logged in on) that's 563HP/ minute as the regeneration rate is 100%/min. For a Lib Borg assuming no other changes the rate would be 110%/min but the boost to regeneration only registers when the regeneration is active which is why it doesn't show in the UI except for the brief flicker every 5 seconds.

I still disagree about the Nanites being overly important, but such is life. That 10% may look good on paper but when in combat that's much lower and 10% of not much is still not much, especially when most NPCs spam DoTs at a ridiculous rate.
I know the Borg Nanites state 10% (+0.1), I was just using a 1% (+0.01) as an example.

I've watched my health numbers while in combat with my Liberated Borg Engineer, the health was not increasing. I'm not fully sure the shield part is working right now, I would need to run a test without my armor.

10% of 550 is 55, you get 12 ticks (5 seconds apart) per minute on a lib borg. That still comes out as 4.58 HP per tick in combat. May not be much but it still helps. And giving you have to buy a life time for the Lib Borg, it should be working as people PAID for it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-17-2012, 12:16 PM
I would have to concur with this thread; What is our recourse?