Lt. Commander
I just wanted to say that I love the universal bridge officer stations and that I would like to see this added to all of the ships. Makes game play much more interesting for me because I can change up my bridge officers skills and try a lot of different combos.

Also I was wondering what a gold cardassian lock box looks like as I have not seen one yet. All the ones I am getting have green lettering in the description head and say uncommon inventory (in other words uncommon inventory is in green). Are there boxes that are rare and very rare to? do I need to play at an increased difficulty level to get them?

Thanks,
Christopher John Bublawek
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2012, 10:01 AM
says Cardassian Lock Box - Gold in purple lettering and the bottom corner glow of the icon is purple. oh and i think the box in the icon pic was trimmed in gold too. I got one dropped on my KDF while playing The Gates of Gre'thor quest. This was the only one i have had in about 100 lock boxes that have dropped for me. I guess if you play above normal level the usual increase in loot value might result in a higher chance of a gold box but i wouldnt put money on that.

edit: here is a pic of it http://www.stowiki.org/Cardassian_Lock_Box_-_Gold
Lt. Commander
# 3 thanks
02-15-2012, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the pic. I also see by following the link that they are for only a limited time. Feb 19th.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2012, 10:43 AM
I would like to see every ship feature across the board Universal Stations.

This would allow for people to create very unique and custom builds, and it gives characters of a certain profession, a reason to fly ships outside of their normal ship class.

Each ship would still have certain leanings, based on the consoles and the other stats. (turn rate, hull, etc)

But you'd find people coming up with some very unique and custom builds.

Not to mention, it would certainly lend a hand to roleplayers to be allowed to choose their bridge lineup, rather than selecting from a predetermined, preset lineup.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2012, 10:56 AM
Universal stations also creates a balance nightmare, because the ships that have universal slots pay for it in power levels, hull points, shield strength, or number of abilities (BO powers).
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adondria
Universal stations also creates a balance nightmare, because the ships that have universal slots pay for it in power levels, hull points, shield strength, or number of abilities (BO powers).
Not to mention it removes the need to have classifications of vessels and takes away any drawbacks to flying a vessel outside of the players chosen proffession.

I can just see everybody flying the vessels with the highest possible command ability BOff slots to have as many LTC and Commander abilities as possible. It would be a nightmare.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2012, 01:31 PM
It would be very simple solution to the endless problem of great ships that have lousy loadouts. Give every ship one of each of the three disciplines and one universal slot. You can vary the three main slots by rank depending on the type of ship and just have that one universal slot be open to use however you like. It is the ONLY reason I still fly an Odyssey.

Arguing about balance is nonsensical, so much thought has been put into the idea of balancing the ships in this game that there simply isn't any possible way to be unbalanced. In Cryptic's world, when all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail. Most of this game, however, would prefer a screw...driver.