Lt. Commander
# 111
03-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Again, you are all providing some great feedback This is the first run of a Foundry Challenge, so there is a lot to discover and figure out what will work best. It's an evolving experience, and I'll take all of the feedback into consideration for the next one

I am responsible for advertising it, and I really thought I hit all of the most visible places: the forums (many "dev" posts, Twitter (tweeted about it a few times from the @trekonlinegame account), and Facebook (posted about it a couple times on the official page). If you have more ideas on how I can make it more public, let me know

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
How about the "Federation News Network" section on the forums or one of the in-game bulletins?
Lt. Commander
# 112
03-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Play through numbers are pretty weak so far. The highest is only 45 votes with the lowest being 3. In fact, using these numbers as of 8pm today (and the suggested rule that you should only vote after playing all the missions) there shouldn't be more than three votes in so far. That isn't much considering there's less than 4 days to go.

Staaaahl -16

Hollow Justice -20

Sacrifice -24

Shynga Incident -3

Catalyst -Not Found

The Stahlonian Candidate -8

GOLEMS -16

Federation Desperation -22

Risian Sunset -11

Murder Most Moul -45

Fear the Revelation -22

Advertising is definitely needed, one way or another!
I would also extend 'review' period by another week from now on.
Lt. Commander
# 113
03-11-2012, 07:10 PM
OK. Finished "Staahl". Overall decent mission. Needs some work at it will be great. Below are my points for Cerebrus to look at.

1) I understand the idea of a select team going ahead to Risa to begin the investigation but I found my team getting stuck on things all through this up till the final ground battle. i.e. going into the room in the shuttlebay at ESD, going into the hotel on Risa. It sorta broke immersion.

2) Arrival at Risa. Also it was a little disconcerting to be dropped through the floor of the shuttle. Definitely an immersion-breaker here. Also, as someone previously said, You are way up on the mountain-side with steep cliffs going down. I went ahead and slid down the mountain not sure if that was the purpose.

3) Step back on the final ground set of mobs a bit. I had trouble burning the commander down.

4) Space battle was cool....And yeah... PEOPLE pay attention to what you are told about the size of your ship being used. IT IS TIGHT!!

That's my critique of "Staaahl"
Lt. Commander
# 114
03-12-2012, 03:54 PM
A great way for advertising the challenge would be to give the challenge missions a special reward. It doesn't even have to be created just for the challenge (though that would be awesome) but something half decent that would make people want to play them.
Because we'd want them to play more than one mission of that challenge it would be good to have a reward that can have multiples. No need getting 10 of the same ship shields as an example.
Lt. Commander
# 115
03-12-2012, 04:26 PM
I had a decent concept where the the diplomat was murdered by a female ferengi who he was enamored over. but I couldn't get a riddle based on the rules of acquisition to work. Its too bad, I was looking foreward to seeing the reaction to my Packled Coroner.
Lt. Commander
# 116
03-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBCouto View Post
A great way for advertising the challenge would be to give the challenge missions a special reward. It doesn't even have to be created just for the challenge (though that would be awesome) but something half decent that would make people want to play them.
Because we'd want them to play more than one mission of that challenge it would be good to have a reward that can have multiples. No need getting 10 of the same ship shields as an example.
How about, in the future, we create missions based on the next big grab bag item. Then the top ten created missions get a free grab bag ship.

That should spurn more interest.
Lt. Commander
# 117
03-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBCouto View Post
Thats an interesting idea.
Lt. Commander
# 118
03-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
How about, in the future, we create missions based on the next big grab bag item. Then the top ten created missions get a free grab bag ship.

That should spurn more interest.
I think even just a rare/very rare Cardassian box would help.
Lt. Commander
# 119
03-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Can we make suggestions for a future challenge?

If so, I suggest something more broad and yet perhaps more difficult.

Two main charateristics for a challenge.
1. Must be made entirely on one map (Not including Social zones).
2. Must be based on an alien that was used on any of the Star Trek shows but that hasn't appeared in STO yet.
Lt. Commander
# 120
03-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Kudos to Bran Flakes and the folks at Cryptic for this exciting challenge. I'm having a ball playing these and seeing the various takes people have with the contest parameters. Well done to one and all so far.

I do find some of the comments re: the foundry contest funny. It's a creativity contest and as such must have established parameters.

What's his name's idea about the single map is a really interesting future challenge. One of my favorite examples of excellent execution of the concept can be seen in Search for Niemy (freaking AWESOME--and no, I didn't write it).

Some of these maps are incredible! Makes me wonder if their should be categories for winning? Maybe:
best map
best story
best character
etc.

I can't wait to play everyone's mission (although that's kind of a challenge). I'm excited about this and future foundry challenges. I also wouldn't mind helping out if needed.

Kton