Lt. Commander
# 121
03-13-2012, 02:56 PM
I liked this event.

Unfortunately I don't have that much time to play STO in week days so I couldn't play all of the missions. I tried to play as many as possible. Every mission I played so far was very entertaining.

So I would like to thank all of the creators for their time to give me some fun-time in STO!

It's just an idea but BranFlakes maybe you could extend the time for playing the missions after their release next time? I do feel a little sorry for the missions I didn't play... (which doesn't mean I won't play them anyway ^^)
Lt. Commander
# 122
03-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Well, it's the night of the 13th and so only a few more hours before the challenge closes. It looks like these will be the numbers roughly.

Some of them aren't bad considering it was only a week and one day was a complete waste with the server down for most of the day.

Let's hope the numbers are higher for number 2. Hopefully they also put in an extra week for reviewing.

Staaaahl -22

Hollow Justice -27

Sacrifice -38

Shynga Incident -7

The Stahlonian Candidate -14

Federation Desperation -56

GOLEMS -21

Risian Sunset -21

Murder Most Moul -56

Fear the Revelation -53

I just want to say that I played each one and enjoyed each one. I think everyone did an awesome job!
Lt. Commander
# 123
03-14-2012, 11:06 AM
The votes are in, and we have a winner!

A HUGE congratulations are in order to our winning Foundry mission for Challenge #1....

Federation Desperation by @Maziken
Quote:
Faction: Klingon
Level Requirement: 16+
Mission Summary:

The Federation and the Klingon Empire are conducting peace talks on Risa. The Federation hopes to form an alliance to combat the Borg forces that continue to encroach into both governments' territory. Can you help ensure that these treaty talks go smoothly or will the Borg have only limited resistance when they fully invade?
Congratulations! Check your forum mail in a few minutes for your prize

Our runner up, in second place, was...

Fear the Revelation by @number156
Quote:
Faction: Federation
Level Requirement: 16 and above
Mission Summary: Following extended assignment on the Borg front, you and your crew are pulled from the lines to enjoy some much needed rest on Risa. But relaxation gets interrupted when you and your crew are called on to investigate a murder!
Visit the island of San Tropez!
And tied for third place was...

Quote:
Mission Title: GOLEMS
Author: chooch99
Level Requirement: Any
Mission Summary:

It begins as a typical day in Starfleet, a runaway shuttlecraft carrying the Stahlonion ambassador "Danil" on route to Risa must be stopped before it is crashed as a bomb into the island where an important delegation conference is being held, it should be easy to beam him off the shuttle but one problem exists--Stahlonions have a severe religious taboo- if one uses a transporter, they are considered "Dead" aka "Golems" walking soulless bodies that have been desecrated by the transporter.
And...

Quote:
Mission Title:Hollow Justice
@Handle: @Commadore_Bob
Level Requirement: 31
Mission Summary: You are sent to Risa for a Borg defense conference when you are asked to investigate the murder of one of the delegates. Your investigation takes a strange turn when your primary lead is an ancient Klingon ritual that was lost to history.
====

Again, thank you to everyone who participated in this innagural challenge. There was A LOT of feedback provided, so I will take this week to go through it and the post Challenge #2 next week. From the look of things, I will also be extending everything by one week (so, 4 weeks to make the mission, 2 weeks to vote). More details soon

Feel free to keep posting your feedback into this thread about what you would like to see different for the next challenge. Until next time...

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 124
03-14-2012, 11:13 AM
P.S. You are all winners in my book You have brought so many stories into the game by creating your missions, and the Foundry Authors community mean a lot to me, and the rest of the STO team. Keep up the amazing work; you inspire us all
Lt. Commander
# 125
03-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Congrats to Maziken!

Great job and I hope you do another one for the next challenge.
Lt. Commander
# 126
03-14-2012, 11:16 AM
I'll take tie with third considering the fact I was competing with the likes of Worst of all worlds author, Captain_Revo.

Congrats all
Lt. Commander
# 127
03-14-2012, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch99 View Post
I'll take tie with third considering the fact I was competing with the likes of Worst of all worlds author, Captain_Revo.

Congrats all
I'll share third place with you. Congrats everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 128
03-14-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
I'll share third place with you. Congrats everyone.
*Offers Bob a seat next to him at the Captain's table.*

The first round is on...Brandon! *Waves the waitress over and orders a bottle of Aldebron whiskey.*
Lt. Commander
# 129
03-14-2012, 12:09 PM
Congrats to the winner. It was my personal favourite and a deserved first place. The field of entries was very high in this competition. well done to everybody who took the time to make them, it was fun to play through.

the only minor complaint was having a dozen murder mystery missions on risa. Even though every single one was quite different, I think the challenge needs to be a little more open next time to increase diversity. A guideline rather than a strict opening might be better.
Lt. Commander
# 130
03-14-2012, 12:33 PM
I think there should be a rule about puting a common sign that it's a foundry challenge mission- something like FC1 for Foundry Challenge 1.
That way it would make it a lot easier to search for all the challenge missions.
You'd get the whole list, at least for a Fed or Klingon.

So the next mission would carry FC2 on the title.

We could actually change our first challenge titles by putting this in so that those people wanting to play the first series of challanges can find them.

Of course this would only work if everyone agreed to do it, hense puting it as part of the rules.