Lt. Commander
# 41
02-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Does a Stahlonian actually exist in game at all? I'm assuming it's just left to our own imagination..
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-25-2012, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwapook View Post
Does a Stahlonian actually exist in game at all? I'm assuming it's just left to our own imagination..
See here.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-26-2012, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwapook View Post
its made up. the name comes from the name of executive producer dan stahl.

its just a bit of fun so make what you want.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-27-2012, 07:53 AM
Will we have a "winner" for both the Fed side and the KDF side? Or just one winner overall?
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-29-2012, 02:00 AM
It may be worth noting that making your Stahlonian actually look like Dan Stahl is technically against the Foundry EULA. Maybe he can go "I own the rights to my face, I am going to allow that!", but I don't know how the laws work with that one. His hands may be tied.

And I would just like to say that no matter how this turns out, I think that Cryptic deserve huge kudos just for even trying this idea out.

Some people may be cynical and say "Oh, Cryptic are getting the community to do the work for them!", but I don't think that's true (unlike, say, Bethesda). To my mind, Cryptic is allowing us to use their art and sound assets for our creative purposes, and actively supporting us while we are doing it.

Constrast and compare - the (Bethesda) TES Construction Kit (and the GECK, for that matter) NEVER has new functionality added. They released 2 updates for the Oblivion one. 2 updates/patches - over a 5 years period. None of which added anything new, or even fixed known bugs. Including the very serious 'Your computer is frozen for 5 minutes whenever you finish editing' one.

Some people complain about the Foundry, but from what I have seen it has slowly been getting a lot better because Cryptic keep working on it. Not as quick as some would like, but considering that they also have an MMO to maintain I think they are doing an excellent balancing act.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-29-2012, 11:32 AM
When you say
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
  • The mission should take only 30 minutes for a player to complete, but MUST not take more than 45 minutes.
Does that mean that that is what it should take to complete the main story. Is it ok if we add in side content and Reading that could take longer than 45mins (dependant on people's reading) that is completely optional and not necessary to the story?
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-29-2012, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberusfilms View Post
When you say

Does that mean that that is what it should take to complete the main story. Is it ok if we add in side content and Reading that could take longer than 45mins (dependant on people's reading) that is completely optional and not necessary to the story?
I asked this earlier and never got a response.
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Looked over the author thread...
Am I the only one doing a Klingon version of this mission?
And it only looks like there are 8 missions either way.
Thought there'd be more.
Lt. Commander
# 49
03-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBCouto View Post
Looked over the author thread...
Am I the only one doing a Klingon version of this mission?
And it only looks like there are 8 missions either way.
Thought there'd be more.
I have a Klingon version that I'm working on.
Lt. Commander
# 50
03-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maziken
I have a Klingon version that I'm working on.
Make sure you put your author info in the other thread then. It says only missions within that thread will be able to be part of the contest.

Good to see other Klingon missions though. Notice how they gave a planet that can't even be used on the Klingon side in the Foundry...