Lt. Commander
# 71
03-07-2012, 03:56 AM
Publishing mine as we speak.
Lt. Commander
# 72
03-07-2012, 05:00 AM
I pushed mine late last night. I indicated that it was live in the other thread but I was waiting to do a publicity push until after the later this morning.
Lt. Commander
# 73
03-07-2012, 09:35 AM
Mine's up too.
Lt. Commander
# 74
03-07-2012, 10:06 AM
sacrifice is live for people to play. Fed mission any level.
Lt. Commander
# 75
03-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Thank you to everyone who submitted their missions for Foundry Challenge #1! From today until Wednesday, March 14 at 10AM PST, voting will be open. Please see this thread for more information.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
--EDIT: Two missions are Klingon by two different authors--

Just for those wanting to play through the missions, realise that two of them are Klingon missions.

Here are the two missions:

Mission Title: Federation Desperation
Project ID: ST-HKWCILN6E
@Handle: Maziken
Faction: Klingon

Level Requirement: 16+
Mission Summary:

The Federation and the Klingon Empire are conducting peace talks on Risa. The Federation hopes to form an alliance to combat the Borg forces that continue to encroach into both governments' territory. Can you help ensure that these treaty talks go smoothly or will the Borg have only limited resistance when they fully invade?

AND

Mission Title: Shynga Incident - Challenge #1
Your @Handle: @sbcouto
Faction: Klingon

Level Requirement: Any Level
Mission Summary:

The Klingon Empire takes advantage of Diplomatic Meetings between the Federation and the Empire against the Borg, to set up a Listening Post on the host planet of Risa.
When a Stahlonian, a diplomatic race set up to oversee the meetings, is found murdered and the Klingons are blamed, it's up to you to find the real enemy before you and your crew are sent to a Federation prison or killed in the process.
Lt. Commander
# 77
03-07-2012, 10:39 AM
Sadly, I wasn't aware of the contest until today. I don't ordinarily monitor the Foundry threads. Maybe next time the announcement could be made a little broader? Was it mentioned anywhere else?

If these kinds of contests (for anything) were listed as news items, at least my RSS reader/Google+ should have picked it up. Plus potentially involve more players in the playtesting/voting.

I also wonder if it might not be possible to lower the bar a little? Three weeks is not a lot of time to put together a mission for a more casual player/author like me. Ideas I can come up with... it's trying to rework them to compensate for Foundry limitations (and my Foundry skill limitations) that takes time.

One thing does occur to me, though. Having a short list of missions is better in some ways. It would be hard to play through a long list... as it is, I don't think I would be able to play through all of the entries in a week's time. It's possible that really good entries would go missed by voters simply because there wasn't enough time to play through them all.

(Which is why the 30 minute duration is very important).

Another point to make is that while there's plenty of incentive for authors to submit missions, there really isn't a lot of incentive for playtesters beyond the rewards for the 3-Per-Day Foundry wrapper mission.

The tech probably doesn't exist yet, but it would be really cool if Cryptic were able to set up wrapper missions for these contests. Like, play through all of these entries and get an accolade plus a reward of unrefined dilithium. If it existed today, the accolade could have been named "Stahlonian Stalker".
Lt. Commander
# 78
03-07-2012, 10:40 AM
made a mistake. nothing to see here. move along. move along.
Lt. Commander
# 79
03-07-2012, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Sadly, I wasn't aware of the contest until today. I don't ordinarily monitor the Foundry threads. Maybe next time the announcement could be made a little broader? Was it mentioned anywhere else?
Just make sure you use the Dev Tracker tool. It's one of the first links in the forums. That's how I saw it initially. I couldn't get a mission together in time (just too busy) but I did see it.

I did have a pretty good outline worked up though... The ambassador would have been murdered by a member of a group that wants to join (or rejoin) the collective. Maybe I'll still make it.
Lt. Commander
# 80
03-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
remember you are only allowed one entry which is the Shynga Incident listed in the other thread. by listing the second mission you might confuse people as that one wont be eligible.
Only one mission is mine, the other mission is by Maziken.

I just know people will search for the missions and not see these two because they don't realise that they are Klingon missions.

Frankly Klingon missions have to pull teeth just to have people try them. Just passing the first five votes is hard enough. It's why I advertise them more, regardless of whether I make them or someone else.