Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
My rank is Commander I am a tactical officer and I have a Dakota Class Cruiser, but even when I buy some Lt. Commander items I can't equip them because it says I don't fit the class requirements. Is there an easy way to tell? How do you tell? I'm tired of wasting money on neat weapons on the exchange and not being able to use them!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-15-2012, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjames3653
My rank is Commander I am a tactical officer and I have a Dakota Class Cruiser, but even when I buy some Lt. Commander items I can't equip them because it says I don't fit the class requirements. Is there an easy way to tell? How do you tell? I'm tired of wasting money on neat weapons on the exchange and not being able to use them!
First off let me ask what it is your buying?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-15-2012, 12:42 PM
The items themselves have a list of the ships and/or classes that can use them. For example canons can't be used on Science ships or Cruisers at that level, nor can you equip science or engineering kits on your character because they are limited by class.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Okay I just bought a transphasic torpedo launcher mkVII. when I hold my mouse over it all it gives me are the stats it doesn't even say what rank you need to be like some of the other items do.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-15-2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjames3653
Okay I just bought a transphasic torpedo launcher mkVII. when I hold my mouse over it all it gives me are the stats it doesn't even say what rank you need to be like some of the other items do.
That is a captain rank weapon.

Transphasic Torpedo Launcher
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Farmer
The items themselves have a list of the ships and/or classes that can use them. For example canons can't be used on Science ships or Cruisers at that level, nor can you equip science or engineering kits on your character because they are limited by class.
Okay the cannons part was helpful. When can I equip those and what level?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-15-2012, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
That is a captain rank weapon.

Transphasic Torpedo Launcher
Thank you should I look up the items on the wiki before I buy them is that what you guys do? Because it doesn't say the rank in the menu.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjames3653
Okay the cannons part was helpful. When can I equip those and what level?
It's not a matter of level, but ship. Federation side, only escorts can use dual or dual heavy cannons, with the unique exception of the dreadnought.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-15-2012, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjames3653
Okay the cannons part was helpful. When can I equip those and what level?
The only cruiser that can equip(as far as i can remember at the moment) them is the Galaxy X Dreadnaught. Other than that you need to fly an escort to use them?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-15-2012, 01:06 PM
I would just like to thank everybody who responded to the thread you were all very helpful and I think I am getting the hang of it now. See you in game!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:16 PM.