Lt. Commander
# 1 Omega Force Shield?
02-15-2012, 02:34 PM
I use this shield on my Cruiser and I am a bit curious about rather it works or not? I never see any indication that its effect is working. I do not really seem to get any turn/speed boost nor do I ever see any icon. Is this shield actually working?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2012, 03:15 PM
Depending on the type of ship and power setting, the boost may apparently noticeable. On my Star Cruiser, the increase in speed and turn rate was noticeable. But to see the increase in numbers, open up your Ship Status page, and select the Movement Tab near the bottom. That will give your current ship Inertia, current Maximum Speed and current Turn Rate. The proc will definitely show on Movement when it fires.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2012, 03:34 PM
I makes the same sound as Evasive Maneuvers, and I notice it procs most when I have the plasma dot on.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2012, 07:06 PM
Interesting... I will keep looking for it because it may just be a bug on mine. I am running the MK XI Omega Force shield and it so far does not seem to ever fire.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2012, 08:02 PM
You should go wit hteh M.A.C.O. shields, the turn rate is going to be only slightly updated with the Omega Shields, the M.A.C.O. Shields give you more firepower and survivability.