Lt. Commander
# 1 Free to play ?
02-15-2012, 04:11 PM
i just checked my account and and it's showing active with the next date for payment .

am i still paying ?

also this perfect world thing dosent reconize my log in's , i simply have to switch to cryptic everytime but what should i do about this if anything ?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2012, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerChase View Post
i just checked my account and and it's showing active with the next date for payment .

am i still paying ?
Probably. It doesn't switch you to silver account, if you are already paying a sub. You are probably a gold member who gets the perks and c-point stipend.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2012, 04:16 PM
You need to actually Unsubscribe to be Silver. The game doesn't automatically convert you to Silver as the game has no way of knowing if you wish to be Gold or Silver.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2012, 04:26 PM
erm ? only Cpoint's i have had were bought seperate , i havent noticed STO withdrawing for several month's so i assumed it was free now , till i checked my account .

how do you find out if your silver or gold member
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2012, 04:28 PM
When you go into Account on the main website if it gives you an option to Subscribe then you are Silver. If it gives you an option to Unsubscribe you are Gold.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2012, 04:36 PM
yep im a gold lol ..
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2012, 05:31 PM
You pay ahead when you subscribe. If you want to so silver, you need to cancel your recurrent subscrption. However you will be Gold up until your next renewal date. You still paid for that play time.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2012, 05:41 PM
wait, so you did not notice the $15 for STO on your bank statement every month you've been gone?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-16-2012, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Butters
wait, so you did not notice the $15 for STO on your bank statement every month you've been gone?
i was paying but not playing becouse my pc was crap , still is really , but i got it upgraded enouph to finally be able to play.
my friend i asked to join said it was free and figured I was'nt still paying , i meen really why should i have to pay for a free game .. and what perk's ? only perk's ive seen is from what i have bought , but to be fair , i am prolly getting the perk's and just didnt relise it , ive never really played till recently so IDK

i dont think it's really fair im being charge a monthly bill if everyone else is playing for free ??

so what happen's when i cancel my monthly STO bill ? will I lose my charactor's or have to create another account to get around this ?

i will still spend money regardless but i dont see the purpose of paying a monthly bill when it's a free game , at the same time ive had these charactor's since the game came out ..even if they are still low ranked i like them , i put alot of time making these charactor's before the game even launched .