Lt. Commander
# 21
02-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Statistically, the Hegh'ta has a very slight edge in survivability, while the B'rel has a slight edge in mobility. Which is better will mostly depend on your playstyle.

Many will give the edge to the Hegh'ta, due to the higher hull rating. I will not. I find hull strength to be nearly irrelevant in discussing BoP tactics. For me, when you are flying a BoP, once your hull strength has become relevant to the outcome of the battle, you are already "playing from behind". The BoP is not meant to be a solo pwnmobile.

Both the Hegh'ta and the B'rel have the forward weaponry to annihilate many opponents in a single run. At that, neither gets the edge. But if that run fails, your chances of taking down the target have more to do with your ability to break tractor (if applicable), gtfo, and set up for another pass rather than soak damage. Anyone can break tractor with the right Boffs, but when it comes to the gtfo portion, the B'rel has a slight speed/maneuverability edge. So my edge overall goes to the B'rel. Your mileage may vary, but I have yet to lose a BoP (of any type) in pvp since I stopped tanking, and started to focus on mobility.

Also, the B'rel's cloak should work like the one in the movie. The 3 second window is weaksauce.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolbrand
Statistically, the Hegh'ta has a very slight edge in survivability, while the B'rel has a slight edge in mobility. Which is better will mostly depend on your playstyle.

Many will give the edge to the Hegh'ta, due to the higher hull rating. I will not. I find hull strength to be nearly irrelevant in discussing BoP tactics. For me, when you are flying a BoP, once your hull strength has become relevant to the outcome of the battle, you are already "playing from behind". The BoP is not meant to be a solo pwnmobile.

Both the Hegh'ta and the B'rel have the forward weaponry to annihilate many opponents in a single run. At that, neither gets the edge. But if that run fails, your chances of taking down the target have more to do with your ability to break tractor (if applicable), gtfo, and set up for another pass rather than soak damage. Anyone can break tractor with the right Boffs, but when it comes to the gtfo portion, the B'rel has a slight speed/maneuverability edge. So my edge overall goes to the B'rel. Your mileage may vary, but I have yet to lose a BoP (of any type) in pvp since I stopped tanking, and started to focus on mobility.

Also, the B'rel's cloak should work like the one in the movie. The 3 second window is weaksauce.
Thank you Kolbrand your insight is priceless. Now I am a captain of the B'rel refit too. Cheers
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-28-2012, 12:30 AM
Quick semi-related question; does the B'Rel retrofit unlock costume parts for other BoP classes? I really just want the classic look tbh.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-28-2012, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBeastie View Post
Quick semi-related question; does the B'Rel retrofit unlock costume parts for other BoP classes? I really just want the classic look tbh.
lol I never checked that. Probably I will and get back to you later
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-28-2012, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by discovery7810
lol I never checked that. Probably I will and get back to you later
Cool, hope so!

Hegh'ta that looks like a B'rel would be my happy place I think. :p
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-28-2012, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBeastie View Post
Cool, hope so!

Hegh'ta that looks like a B'rel would be my happy place I think. :p
The B'rel refit has either B'rel or Koloth as its costume. I do not know about Heghta costume but I'm sure Heghta doesn't have B'rel costume.