Lt. Commander
I've seen some pics of the new playable Galor class. It's beautiful, but I have one issue, the deflector, or weapons array, or whatever the red-ish square is supposed to be (the show usually showed it a weapons array, but thats seems to change from time to time is beta cannon) is too wide.

This is the STO model.

This is a shot from the episode What You Leave Behind.

There's an obvious difference, being that STO's model has the deflector (or weapons array or whatever) as more rectangular than the canon square shape.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Lol kinda makes me not want it now with such a large and wide array. Must admit it looks a bit silly.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2012, 11:26 AM
One of the reasons I'm not hopping on the bandwagon. Takes an already ugly ship and makes it even more disfiguerd. No thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Looks like someone messed up when designing the STO Galor. That being said, no ship is truly perfect; The standard Miranda for examples has a small deflector array atop it's torpedo launcher, the Cheyenne has one on its saucer underside.

We've got a Galor in the game, I'm quite happy with that alone ~ although in truth, I don't think it's right that both Federation and Klingon players are having to play with Jem Hadar and Cardassian ships, it doesn't seem... realistic (as far as a fictional gaming universe goes).

One thing I do think they could have implemented with the Galor though, would be the option to upgrade it to a Keldon.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Here's a good reference for the ship; the CGI version from DS9: http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2010/...class-warship/
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2012, 07:16 PM
I feel like if they're going to make these ships and make them playable they should two two things. 1) make them right (and by that I mean as they appeared on the show) and 2) just make a playable Cardassian faction already.

Also, are we gonna start seeing other playable ships from other species like the Romulans, or the Breen, or maybe even the Borg?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-12-2012, 12:30 AM
Something of note; The Galor ships in STO are actually right. It's just the picture they've provided of them isn't (the one posted above). I came across two last night, and they look fine to me. I guess they revised the model before releasing it, just didn't update the picture.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-12-2012, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariestrekker
Something of note; The Galor ships in STO are actually right. It's just the picture they've provided of them isn't (the one posted above). I came across two last night, and they look fine to me. I guess they revised the model before releasing it, just didn't update the picture.
was that the NPC or Player Ship you've seen?

The NPC Ships still use the old low poly geometry (and the Beam Array looks right on those).
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-12-2012, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptBANG View Post
was that the NPC or Player Ship you've seen?

The NPC Ships still use the old low poly geometry (and the Beam Array looks right on those).
NPC, though I wasn't aware there were ever two different models.

I encountered two (or three) yesterday after completing the first Dominion campaign. I had to settle some dispute between the two captains; one claiming the other was a true-way agent. Turns out said captain was being impersonated by a changeling at other locations or something.

But yeah, this be the case, I probably saw the old model. Seems odd that they need created two mind. Should have used the standard one for all. Saves work on a whole new model.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Something I noticed last night when I saw another player using this ship; they've stick the impulse engines in the wrong place. They have them emanating from the "forked tail" of the ship; which is supposed to be the aft wave cannon emitter and not the impulse engine.