Lt. Commander
# 1 Simple Feature Requests
02-11-2012, 12:29 PM
Hi, I'd like to come up with a list of very simple feature requests. These would include simple things, that are available already in the foundry, but not implemented in a way that applies universally to things.

For example, it's been a long-running request to allow us to make npcs disappear, as we can with objects.

The tech is already in the foundry, but not applied to this specific type of asset.

So, please add to my list of simple feature requests that would expand the foundry, yet wouldn't require that much dev work (as far as we know). The tech for it should already be in, but not expanded.

My list.

1. As mentioned, the ability to make an npc disappear.

2. The ability to give objects default dialogues, like npcs. This way, an object can be interacted with more than once, and there are great puzzles with consoles that could be done using dialog prompt triggers in conjunction with default object dialogues.

3. The ability to fail in a default dialogue, using branching dialogue. We have this for other dialogs, and why not defaults?

Please help by adding more requests. Again, please don't ask for entirely new features. Instead, ask for simple things, where the tech is already in the foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2012, 07:38 AM
Lets see if these pass as simple....

1) The option to edit away teams - basically,"I want you to have 0 members for this ground mission" or "I want you to only have 2 instead of 4." this would make it a lot better for beaming to stations like Drozana, and also more practical than setting spawn points directly next to a wall so your Boffs get trapped in it.

2) Updated maps and ships (this means now's ESD rather than the one used over a year ago, and the additions of all the ships that ave been released over the past few months - Rhode Island, Thunderchild, etc.)

3) Trash bin utility expanded, so I can drag extras in NPC groups into it to delete them again. (1v1 Borg Cube encounters, 3 klingons instead of 5, etc.)
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2012, 02:13 PM
A transwarp gate, configured as a foundry mission door, in the Earth Spacedock map.

Very often, we have lower-level missions requiring that we travel to high-level (or not-added-to-the-game-yet) locations. It would make writing plots much easier to simply be able to transwarp to a location, rather than creating a long, complex work-around.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2012, 03:12 PM
The foundry does not make enough money for PWE so don't expect anything to be done with it anytime soon (if ever)

Cheers
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2012, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Starblazer View Post
The foundry does not make enough money for PWE so don't expect anything to be done with it anytime soon (if ever)

Cheers
Thanks for chiming in with those encouraging words. Anything else require "DOOM!"? Or, if you want to, you could find the dev posts saying updates, including expanded features and assets are planned.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-13-2012, 05:03 PM
Beaming out contacts and enemy groups is the #1 required feature for the Foundry. The lengths people have to go to work around this problem (dropping through floors/hiding in walls) is absurd. It wastes so much time, and badly hinders mission creation.

Don't give us any excuses, just get it done. Especially, don't provide poorly thought out justifications (ie: "can make the mission unable to be completed") which would apply equally to things like objects which we already have the full ability to hide.

What we need for contacts/enemy groups is the same exact options as objects:

1) If part of the storyline, show/hide options of "objective in progress"/"objective completed".
2) If not part of storyline, full option to show/hide at any time. This could not prevent the storyline from being completed because they aren't even part of the storyline!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-13-2012, 05:05 PM
The other thing we need is the ability to cause the player to "warp" to a different section of the map. Cryptic does this in their missions, where you interact with an object and then are moved to another section of a ground map. Or where you warp into another section of the space map.

In space it's not really that necessary, but on the ground it would really help. All it would take is something like "warp interact" and "warp interact destination", and have it hooked up to the same code that is in the main missions.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-13-2012, 08:29 PM
I get the words "feature" and "asset" confused too much. I originally posted a list in the asset request thread when it should probably be here.

Oh well, here's a link.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-13-2012, 09:20 PM
I would like to see a lot more interior maps and components such as doors that slide open/close for all the different races (Klingon doors, Cardassian doors, Romulan doors, etc).

Cryptic can already make interior maps comprised of several unconnected sections. These pieces have spots that let you warp from one section to another. I would like to be able to do the same.

To create interior ship maps, I would like to have available multiple components that you can modularly add together to create what you need. Modular pieces would be things like Klingon short, medium, long passageway, Klingon small, medium, large room, Klingon small, medium, large bridge, and so forth. I know, it is a lot of components for the various races, but it would be a huge help.

For Ground maps, some large animals and plants (giant venus fly-trap type) as opponents.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Thanks for chiming in with those encouraging words. Anything else require "DOOM!"? Or, if you want to, you could find the dev posts saying updates, including expanded features and assets are planned.
Just being realistic. I know where the dev posts are. and how many months ago was that? Thats like saying it will be here "Soon!" (tm)

Sorry if my faith is shaken, hard to keep it up with "[Playername] just got a drop and needs to spend money to see what it is" messages.

STO is going that way, what doesn't make money, doesn't get attention, or haven't you played many PWE games...

Cheers