Lt. Commander
When does it stop?? The BIg Dig has been my daily for at least a week now. Last night I did manage to complete it due to an awesome team (besides the bug that got me stuck in a lamppost at spawn with just 1 Reman Captain remaining - see my post in Feedback), but even still it took FOREVER. And now it's my daily again. AGAIN.

What's up with dailies in this game? Don't they rotate? Isn't it supposed to be a different daily every day? The Big Dig is the worst mission ever, seriously. It's never worth playing for the daily dilitium; I can get way more in the same amount of time from STFs.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2012, 08:57 PM
I thought this mission was both epically long and entertaining, seeing as it requires teamwork to succeed. Even the most random team can be persuaded to work together otherwise everyone will be stuck there for a few hours.

Brought in an RP partner to play the Dig yesterday and she was thrilled at getting 1st place though she was 'merely' level 30 with standard captain grade equipment. Though if I didn't play a medic char the whole team would probably end up dying a million times over.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Part of the problem is the bug that makes teams drop after a certain time. I tried completing it for 3 hours yesterday before succeeding, because after team drop people in my zone would leave instead of invite back to team. I got lucky finally and we completed it (with me stuck in a lamppost) but it still sucks. It's just too long.

The bigger problem is the fact that it's STILL my daily. When will it change? And why doesn't it change every day, whether or not I do it?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2012, 09:13 PM
Is there an option to take other daily missions from NPCs in other locations? It isn't a mandatory mission after all.

We encountered the team drop bug too; just had to suck it up and have someone invite everyone together back again. RPed it as Romulan ECM or something lol.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2012, 09:14 PM
There are many dailies and you choose which one you want to do. There is the daily for foundry missions and the breen front dailies. the starfleet academy history/data chip dailies. there are dailies that you have to go find including the Defense Contract . you don't have to do them. they are all available at the same time. If you don't want to do the big dig then don't do it. if you look in your in progress screen you will find many other missions that are dailies that were never cleared.

http://www.stowiki.org/Daily
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2012, 09:49 PM
My favourite has to be the Borg invasion dailies. They're epic fun... with a good team of Klingon warriors!

Could never blow up a single Unimatrix boss on the Federation side with public teaming no matter how hard I try... but with the support of my Klingon brothers... I blew everything up as a lowly level 20 fresh meat character
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2012, 10:23 PM
I have the option of The Big Dig, Investigate Officer Reports, Explore Strange New Worlds, a PvP daily (which has also been stuck for days on Restore the Neutral Zone), and the Academy dailies. I've barely done any episodes so the rest aren't available.

What I'm wondering is why it's now only The Big Dig when it used to cycle between the other fleet actions Halting The Gorn Advance and Klingon Scout Force. It's been stuck on The Big Dig for days. I want the others again. The Big Dig is too annoying and too time consuming to bother with as a daily.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2012, 10:34 PM
I liked the Big Dig before they nerfed it. I loved the commander instance.