Lt. Commander
# 1 CP store
02-16-2012, 03:47 AM
I find it wierd that you can acess the CP and dil. store, in space.

Why not having those stores physically in the major starbases?
It will add a reason to actually dock, maintain your ship and crew, and make the CP store a more integrated part of the gameplay.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2012, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalinarian
I find it wierd that you can acess the CP and dil. store, in space.

Why not having those stores physically in the major starbases?
It will add a reason to actually dock, maintain your ship and crew, and make the CP store a more integrated part of the gameplay.
Because that would prevent impulse buying. Same reason they put those stores on the minimap, instead of in the dropdown menu.

As much as I enjoy STO and like a lot of the stuff from the C-store, the 'IN YOUR FACE' aspect of it gets on my nerve every now and then.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2012, 03:56 AM
i must be the only person who likes the ease of use. i dont really want to go to starbases to buy one item, or even find the buttons 'in your face'. i find them handy.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2012, 04:03 AM
I guess if you define "playing STO" as "shopping in the store" the buttons might indeed be handy.

Otherwise... well less is often more, and a "spend cash and improve your experience!" button on every single window you open and in several places on the UI might likely result in different reactions than impulse buying...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2012, 04:06 AM
personally if you dont craft it which i think you should be able to do on your ship you should have to go to a starbase or a planet or station to buy anything. sure things like hypo sprays and the likes can be replicated but i would rather they change it so that you have to go to a starbase buy things and then you can keep them in a separate inventory called cargo bay or something and you use what you want from there. it would be a lot more realistic and would create the need to go back to starbases. however i feel this would only really work well if space was big and it took you ages to get from the starbase to starbase
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2012, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneemann View Post
I guess if you define "playing STO" as "shopping in the store" the buttons might indeed be handy.
no i dont define playing sto as shopping in the store. i spend the exact same amount of time in the store whether its at a starbase or via a mini map button.

the difference is the time it takes you to warp back to a starbase and find the right vendor over a button click. nothing to do with shopping in the store, its about ease of use. after playing the game for 2 years any appeal at going back to a starbase every time is wearing thin.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2012, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalic89
personally if you dont craft it which i think you should be able to do on your ship you should have to go to a starbase or a planet or station to buy anything. sure things like hypo sprays and the likes can be replicated but i would rather they change it so that you have to go to a starbase buy things and then you can keep them in a separate inventory called cargo bay or something and you use what you want from there. it would be a lot more realistic and would create the need to go back to starbases. however i feel this would only really work well if space was big and it took you ages to get from the starbase to starbase
So one cannot send a requisition form via subspace communications about purchasing a ship?

Or a real life counterpart... Shop online on the train on your way to the store to pick it up because you forgot to do it before you left home. :p
Very handy, no? I got the game and bonus points to my account.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-16-2012, 04:28 AM
Personally I like being able to access the store the way we do now. When I start a new toon, which i do with alarming frequency, I like to be able to use those pre order bits and bobs which only have limited use, and so being able to grab them at the begining of the tutorial suits me just fine. The dilithium store though I agree would like to see hidden away on a starbase and our PvE button for the stf's back in place.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-16-2012, 04:57 AM
When this was first added I was hesitant when I saw the wording. Thought it'd be big glowing buttons :p

But really, I found it quite useful, and I like having it easily accessible (I love the c-store and dilithium stores what can i say). It's not really in my face in my mind, and since it's subtle I can live with it