Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
Every time I try and buy C store points that stupid perfect world site pops up to try and rob me. Is this the ONLY way other than by dilithium exchange to get cstore points anymore?

if this is the case, just a little bit of feedback. I won't ever be buying cstore points again (yes, I have in the past)
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AusSpyder View Post
Every time I try and buy C store points that stupid perfect world site pops up to try and rob me. Is this the ONLY way other than by dilithium exchange to get cstore points anymore?

if this is the case, just a little bit of feedback. I won't ever be buying cstore points again (yes, I have in the past)
PW does have a process to transfer and convert Zen into STO C-Points. (Though you will have to go the PW Forums for details on the process...)

Cyptic accounts can purchase C-Store points directly, but PW accounts, the account currancy is in Zen...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Are you loggin in with a Cryptic account or with a PW account?

Are you doing it in-game, or through the website?

Because I just checked via the website, and the normal payment window came up for me. I have a Cryptic account only.

I didn't complete the purchase, because I don't need any C-points right now, but I went clear to the "enter payment info" screen. Is this occurring later than that?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2012, 05:21 PM
I had to make a PW account a couple patches ago when it wouldn't let me change to cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2012, 05:32 PM
You can convert PWE ZEN to C-Points once you have purchased the ZEN. Simply select "Star Trek Online" from the available games list, "Holodeck" from the servers list, and then the amount you wish to transfer.

Also, prepaid PWE ZEN cards may or may not be available in your area.

FYI: ZEN is the universal PWE virtual currency. The equivalent amount in individual game currency varies by game. There should be an exchange rate per game listed on the PWE Billing page.

The conversion for STO and CO is as follows:

$1 USD = 100 ZEN = 80 C-Points
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2012, 02:04 AM
I've also had this problem. Even if I try to buy points in game it opens up the internet and takes me to the perfect world zen purchase game.

Zen also seems to be more expensive than for the equivalent C points on the cryptic website.

I've been thinking that I could buy myself virtual c point cards and then redeem them myself, rather than use the more expensive zen.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2012, 05:30 AM
Looks like a way to get around it is to buy virtual cryptic point cards.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2012, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
Looks like a way to get around it is to buy virtual cryptic point cards.
Where do you redeem them? I can only find instruction on what happens when you buy them I can't see anywhere on the dashboard to add them.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2012, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decronia
Where do you redeem them? I can only find instruction on what happens when you buy them I can't see anywhere on the dashboard to add them.
You use the activate Key page to add them...

http://www.startrekonline.com/activate
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2012, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
You use the activate Key page to add them...

http://www.startrekonline.com/activate
Thank you.