Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
It's not even that officers should sit on their stations now that we can actually assign jobs to them with the doff system, I have given up on that. However what I really would like to see is ALL my bridge officers. We always get new ones, Breen, Reman, Borg, Android, KDF now probably a Jem'hadar. The big problem is that most bridges that aren't big enough to stage naumachias have fewer spots for bridge officers to stand and sit than I have in my roster. So I repeat my proposal from the time the TOS bridge was released: Please open up a few spots in the mess hall so you can see the boffs that don't fit on the bridge there.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2012, 08:43 AM
Not sure which bridge yoiu have but i have almost all my Boff slots filled and I am able to see everyone of them on the bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2012, 08:48 AM
Personally, I'd go a step further and ask for the ability to specify where each officer stands / sits. On top of that, I'd like the option to remove some or all of them from the bridge entirely (for Roleplay reasons).

In the end, more control is better. If/when cryptic is able to do it, of course.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2012, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey14
Not sure which bridge yoiu have but i have almost all my Boff slots filled and I am able to see everyone of them on the bridge.
On smaller bridges you cant. (well may be the "Basic crew" without additional slots can be shown on all bridges).

My request first would be to have a way of ANY kind to rule the BOs position ON my bridge.
Almost NEVER ANY of my bos in on the Station he is supposed to be.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
On top of that, I'd like the option to remove some or all of them from the bridge entirely (for Roleplay reasons).

In the end, more control is better. If/when cryptic is able to do it, of course.
Oh yeah that would be awsome, too.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2012, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey14
On most of mybridges it randomly assigns SOME of my boffs. Which is rather annoying.

I beleive that the positions on the bridge should key to their boff slot. My highest tac station boff should be in the tactical chair or sat in the 1st officer chair. My highest ranked sci boff station guy should be in the appropriate science station chair and so on

I am sure it can be done....but its not a biggy if it never happens..its just it would make my bridge a much nicer place to spend time.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2012, 09:53 AM
I think they should be able to use the wall trophy system to allow us to place various Bridge Officers at each station. We could simply walk up to a console, open up the interaction dialogue, then pick which officer we would like to see at the station.

I'd also like to see this selection made available for the view screen.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2012, 10:15 AM
When I assign my department heads, I WANT to see them in their departments. I want my XO to my right sitting in his/her chair. I want my operations officer at the helm. I want my Chief Engineer in engineering. I want my CMO in Sick Bay. I WANT IT RIGHT!!!!! *pants*

Ok, got a little carried away there.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-16-2012, 10:18 AM
From my last experiments the biggest bridge in terms of BOFFs shown on SF is the zimmerman with 13 stations. Biggest overall AFAIK are 2 or 3 KDF bridges with 14 stations.

I hope the new rumored Ody bridge can show 14 too. But seeing BOFFs in other interior parts of the ship would be awesome too. Engeniering Department Head near the Warpcore, Medical DH in the Sickbay etc.

BTW. XO Departmenthead is still not recocnized as such outside the DOFF play which is kind of sad
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-16-2012, 10:28 AM
I agree. Personally, I would like to see the officers we designate as department heads in the DOff interface take up positions in apropriate locations throughout the ship. For example my medical DH should be sitting behind the desk in the office off of sickbay, or tending a patient at one of the Bio-beds, or sitting at a science console on the bridge. or sitting at a table in the mess hall. Or not show up at all because he's off duty at that moment...

In as much as there is very little in the way of functionality in our interiors, and likely will not be for some time, I think it would at least be good if we at lease see each of our bridge officers, even the ones not currently slotted, actuakly present in our interiors, appearing to do things that make sense.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-17-2012, 03:18 AM
and if they are able to do that, maybe they can add an option for us to customize a crew uniform for all the male/female personnel on our ship. that way if you and your bridge officers were wearing the uniforms from the original series, the rest of your crew isn't wearing a different uniform.