Lt. Commander
I started playing this game at launch but I haven't logged in in about 6 months or so. However, I wanted to play the new weekly. So I logged in last night and after dealing with the respec and the rush of duty officers, I went to DS9 and did the mission (had to do it twice... but that's another story).

Anyway, as an Engineering officer, I like to build turrets and drones and such and have a kit equipped that allows me to do that. However, last night, almost all my ground abilities were grayed out and I could not use them. In fact, I couldn't even use the innate engineering abilities like Cover Shield.

Is this just something I did that didn't respec right? Or is it a bug? Anybody else have this happen to them?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2012, 09:09 AM
It was a bug in the FE.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2012, 09:11 AM
Last night, I had the curious happenstance that NONE of my ground abilities were usable. My keyboard worked fine, but it wasn't registering when I tried to do an action. I was able to get that control back last night by backing out and then back on. I'm guessing it was a simple glitch.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2012, 09:14 AM
About two weeks ago, I was halfway through Breaking the Planet when all of my abilities stopped working. I couldn't shoot or heal or anything. All I could do was run along with the group an be completely useless.

After the mission, I logged out and back in. Everything was fine and I haven't had that problem again. Not sure what happened.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2012, 09:19 AM
Cecil:
It's not just you, it's a bug, as someone else mentioned. Specifically, the problem is that the FE uses a map (DS9) on which, by default, many Engineer abilities are disabled to keep players from annoying others. Imagine if you could fill the room with all the STF vendors with a turret farm.

The same thing happened to my main when I ran the mission for the first time. On a replay, I brought another kit, which had slightly more abilities not greyed out.

This may or may not be fixed in the future. For now, consider other kits and learn to rely on the Gorn ambassador and the security officer you free by unlocking the door.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2012, 09:30 AM
The turrets and other abilities that don't require a target were disabled in public areas such as starbases. The devs cut and pasted the promenade for the FE, and didn't bother to take out the scripting that prevents you from spamming turrets and cover shields on DS9.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2012, 09:32 AM
Ah.. I see.

Thank you very much for the replies. I got through the mission just fine (it's not really that hard) but my usual play style is to build lots of stuff and let them go play with the mobs and I couldn't do that last night

Again, thanks for the replies!