Lt. Commander
# 51
02-17-2012, 09:10 AM
There are a couple things that disappoint me with the defiant interior, though I will say what's there: is done very well.

First, since we paid for this -- It's only right we have atleast 1 or 2 advanced features that the normal interior doesn't... We in fact, have less. Most notably the inability of certain doors to open/close. It'd be nice if they did, and it'd be even nicer if we could control when they open and close, by means of a button on the wall. (being the more "advanced" feature.)

Second, it'd be very nice to have a briefing room, someplace.. I don't know where, but there's loads of doors that don't open so, I'm sure it'd be easy to find a spot.

Thirdly, to my knowledge, it's not possible to get up the ladder in engineering to get to the upper section, it'd be nice if we could.

One or two crew quarters would also be nice, meaning quarters for multiple crew members. Also another 1-2 officers quarters.

Lastly, it'd be overly awesome if we could set "Red Alert", but I know that might be asking too much.

Those are my bits, and I say them because I would like to see those as it'd make role playing that much better in this interior.
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-17-2012, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
On the pictures the bridge looked too big for another time (why can't they just scale the interiors right, that bugs me extremely! everything looks wrong this way).
Now the OP said, its not too bad with the defiant bridge. Other opinions of people who bought the bridge?
The pictures online make it look bigger than it is. It's scaling is as good as the TOS bridge. Which is quite good.
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-17-2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by holiday1021 View Post
I've claimed the bundle on two characters now, and I cannot seem to find the Type 10 Shuttle Pet. Isn't it supposed to be in my inventory? I got the actual shuttle to fly in, comes in a box, but not the pet.
You need to unpack the shuttle... The pet is "mounted" on the shuttle for you to take out.
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
On the pictures the bridge looked too big for another time (why can't they just scale the interiors right, that bugs me extremely! everything looks wrong this way).
Now the OP said, its not too bad with the defiant bridge. Other opinions of people who bought the bridge?
As I said in my review, we will never see a true 1:1 representation of any bridge, may as well learn to live with it. TBH, I hope they don't try to fix the vanilla bridges, I'd rather the devs look forward and create new content, rather than look behind and try to rehash the old.
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Being too lazy to copy and paste the whole thing, I'll just link to Holosuite Magazine's review we wrote up http://holosuitemagazine.com/blog/20...e-pack-review/
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Loving the DS9 bundle, the Interior is fantastically done and is a pure work of art.
However I couldn't help but notice that Deck 1(crew deck)'s floor plan is a little wrong and the maps are a little blurry.

In-game: http://i.imgur.com/txEQ7.jpg
Schematic: http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars...-sheet-2-x.jpg

Of course I don't expect it to be exact it's just the corridor outside the Captains Quarters seems a little off to turn like it does, though maybe not all Defiant Class ships share the exact same floor plan(that's what am telling myself) :p

Everything else in that pack is really nice, the Admirals Uniform looks like it was made just for my Tac it suits him perfectly

Also the Type-10(Chaffee) shuttle is soo Cute and looks 100& perfect, which reminded me what ever happened to the Defiant getting it's IP overhaul to bring the model closer to canon?

Edit: oh and the doors opening and closing like mad every time a crew member walks past my ready room is rather rude and annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Are they supposed to?
I apologize for the late response, I only now saw your question. When the TOS pack was released, all of the crewmen NPCs were given era appropriate uniforms. Some assumed that this was going to be the case also with the newer packs. Right or wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
I apologize for the late response, I only now saw your question. When the TOS pack was released, all of the crewmen NPCs were given era appropriate uniforms. Some assumed that this was going to be the case also with the newer packs. Right or wrong.
Oh... Didn know about the TOS pack (added that to my review after your post)...

It does seem reasonable that the crew would wear thoose uniforms since it is called DS9 Bundle... Maybe somthing the Dev's could add over time?
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Oh... Didn know about the TOS pack (added that to my review after your post)...

It does seem reasonable that the crew would wear thoose uniforms since it is called DS9 Bundle... Maybe somthing the Dev's could add over time?
I suppose this is why it's called the "Belfast" bridge/interior and not the "Defiant" bridge/interior. The Belfast is Captain Shon's ship in the new Featured Episode Series, set in STO's "present" time period.

A better solution for getting "the right uniforms" will probably have to wait until Neverwinter comes out for the Foundry tools to be updated so that we can set our own uniforms/costumes for NPCs on our interior maps.
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-17-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
I suppose this is why it's called the "Belfast" bridge/interior and not the "Defiant" bridge/interior. The Belfast is Captain Shon's ship in the new Featured Episode Series, set in STO's "present" time period.

A better solution for getting "the right uniforms" will probably have to wait until Neverwinter comes out for the Foundry tools to be updated so that we can set our own uniforms/costumes for NPCs on our interior maps.
THAT would be cool...

Me and my BO's in Jupiter Veteran, and my crew in Jupiter... (perfect time to integrate the DuOff as crew too... YIKES... 100 guys and gals to add uniforms to... )