Lt. Commander
# 11
02-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Can anyone explain why we would be wearing vedek outfits in starfleet?

I know, I know, we wouldn't be wearing bajoran militia uniforms either, But I can at least accept that it's a military uniform from a federation race. But a vedek is a religious rank in bajoran society, and I don't see why a starfleet officer would be running around in a vedek uniform killing hordes of Klingons or gorn.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi Maru
The reason for your feeling on the uniform are due to the inaccuracies of the uniform gray shoulders that do not go all the way to the base of the neck as they should. There is too much of the undershirt. The V in front is also too wide. See here.
In fairness on this, uniforms were custom tailored to every actor and they only had the same proportions were when two actors shared a uniform like Jonathan Frakes and Avery Brooks or, I think, Brooks and Beltran.

Things like the height/width of the yoke, how far they were zipped up, etc, were not supposed to be the same from actor to actor for pretty much any uniforms from TNG S3 on.

There's not a proper way to wear them or proper proportions, just a way certain actors did.

In Cryptic's case, they're going to go for what looks best on a deformable model over canon. Now, I wouldn't mind more variants but I can see solid design reasons NOT to match zipper height, yoke size, or collar width with certain actors.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-16-2012, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardassianNinja View Post

I know, I know, we wouldn't be wearing bajoran militia uniforms either, But I can at least accept that it's a military uniform from a federation race. But a vedek is a religious rank in bajoran society, and I don't see why a starfleet officer would be running around in a vedek uniform killing hordes of Klingons or gorn.
It's for roleplay. It's also an off-duty uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-16-2012, 02:43 PM
I doubt anyone is going to create a character just to be a bajoran vedek, with no access any sort of bajoran social system.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-16-2012, 03:14 PM
Wow, I'm really disappointed in the texture quality of those LCARS . It looks like a lower graphic setting. It looks awful. I really hope that is a bug. I was so excited to buy this, but now I'm hesitant.

Can we get a dev response on that? Is that the final texture or a blip?
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-16-2012, 03:51 PM
My biggest beef with the set is they made the same mistake with this oen that they did with the TOS interior. You can only leave from the bridge. it wouldn't be half as bad if there was one turbolift to the bridge...but if you are ont he engineering deck (where the transporter is) you have to zone twice to leave the bridge and zone again!!! That was kind of annoying. It would be better if you activated leaving in the transporter pad as well like they did with the Connie interior.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Split Beam? realy? again?.... you Dev's are aware that there is no incident in Star Trek EVER where a Gun has acquired 3 Targets at once on it's own?
I can think of two instances in Voyager where a hand phaser was used to stun a ROOM full of people. Like the episode with the entities that were possessing crew members (season 1 or 2) where Tuvok stunned the entire bridge crew with a single shot.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-16-2012, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
Everything in the TOS Pack could be bought individually, everything in the Enterprise pack could be bought individually. If you already had/didn't want some parts of it, you could pick and choose what you get.
Sadly, this is not true. In the TOS pack you could not buy the interior & bridge, the Type-F shuttle, or the Phasers separately.

I would have liked it if you could, because I really only wanted the shuttle.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-16-2012, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardassianNinja View Post

If you were kitting out your bridge officers, and wanted a full bajoran style crew, you might have a single Vedek or Civillian observer on your crew, the same way we have the occasional Breen or Android. If I were outfitting such a ship, I might have a single Cardassian Engineer (to rez up all kinds of nasty canons and things) and then a Vedek as the Sciences person so they could do all the healing.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-16-2012, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptBANG View Post
- Bridge + lower decks

the bad:
- My NPC Crew is NOT wearing DS9 or "TNG Movie" Uniforms but default random STO 2409 uniforms... not cool, the TOS Set had the NPC's weaing TOS uniforms.
That alone breaks the package for me.

Also: I cant find the Vedek uniforms in the tailor..