Lt. Commander
# 21
02-16-2012, 04:29 PM
It looks interesting and I do want the interior, shuttle and doffs; also I could go with the admiral uniform for my TAC Defiant CPT, but I just can not go for the 1800 C-point price (even with my 400 C-point stipend). I will wait for the next discount sale and see if they will mark this down to 1.350 to 1500.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-16-2012, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardassianNinja View Post
I doubt anyone is going to create a character just to be a bajoran vedek, with no access any sort of bajoran social system.
Why would anyone create a Cardassian character either? Besides it also makes for a passable Vulcan robe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barihawk View Post
I can think of two instances in Voyager where a hand phaser was used to stun a ROOM full of people. Like the episode with the entities that were possessing crew members (season 1 or 2) where Tuvok stunned the entire bridge crew with a single shot.
Like said before there's a difference between wide beam and split beam. If hitting 3 targets is so easy that your gun does it automatically you have to wonder why people still miss all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-16-2012, 04:34 PM
I hate, hate, HATE screen glare. Glad after 40 years the Federation finally figured out how to fix it. Good riddance. :p

Totally like the rest of your review, especially about the view-screen.
The first pic there must be an alpha build that somehow slipped through. Pretty sure not even that guy at the helm can see it whole without half standing up to take a peek above his humongous console.

Oh and why the heck is helm standing on a pedestal anyway?

So the Captain canīt see sh... ?
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-16-2012, 04:38 PM
hoods are good for the inquisition....
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Why can't we buy parts of the bundle seperately? Frustrating.

Can the defiant interior be put on any ship, or only defiant class ships?

Eh. I'll buy this if they fix it so that the NPCs are wearing DS9 uniforms.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-16-2012, 05:50 PM
bridge and interior can be used on any ship in the same way the TOS pack could.

I do hope in ship customisation we could get a choice for defualt crew uniform ...BUT NOT IN THE C-STORE!
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
I have a few problems with the DS9 Pack concept (I have not bought it yet, nor will I unless they make a non-grindy way to get Dilithium).

Everything in the TOS Pack could be bought individually, everything in the Enterprise pack could be bought individually. If you already had/didn't want some parts of it, you could pick and choose what you get.

There is no ala carte option with the DS9 Pack. All I want is the Admirals Uni and the Interior, but if I want either, I have to buy all the other items I have no interest in.

This is the wrong way to do it.

I understand and agree with what you're saying, however I am glad they came out with the pack right away. I bought the other packs individually before the packs were available, and missed out on the savings of the pack (not to mention the fact that the pack shows up as purcheasable even though I own all the parts).

BTW, is anyone else missing the uniforms from this new pack? I don't have the uniforms as an option at the tailor.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-16-2012, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF
Why can't we buy parts of the bundle seperately? Frustrating.
It's pretty pricey but since I bought it with dilithium traded for c-points I didn't really care

Quote:
Can the defiant interior be put on any ship, or only defiant class ships?
Any Federation ship.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-16-2012, 06:30 PM
The Bridge and Interior:

Looks fabulous, just fabulous but how frustrating that they already sold us a "Defiant" bridge which looked nothing like this and had no interior, let alone the two Defiant ships in the C-Store.

I am correct in assuming we'll finally see a Next Generation interior arriving in a similar package? Sure hope so!

The Shuttle:

Please correct me if I am wrong, but how on Earth...er...Bajor....is this shuttle even remotely related to DS9?? I don't recall ever seeing it on the show, and if we did I'll bet it was for five seconds of one episode.

The Doffs:

It is rather odd that we keep getting so many non-Fedation Boffs and Doffs. Breen, Reman, likely a Jem Hadar soon, and now a ROMULAN and Cardassian.

Also, the Romulans were hardly the focus, or even a major presence, on Deep Space Nine. While the Romulans eventually joined the war and obviously were a great advantage to our victory, they never played much of a role in the show proper. In other words, while they were mentioned towards the end, and often in the background, few epiosdes centered on Romulans or Romulan officers. The Ferengi were a much larger part of DS9's atmosphere. Odd that we now have Romulans working for us on our ship.

The Vedek Outfits:

Insane. Except for the most specific of roleplayer, these are the most bizzare addition I could think of. Dressing as a Vedek, or dressing someone on your away team as a Vedek is just...bizzare...

Too bad they didn't save the Bajoran uniforms for this. hat would have made sense.

Bajoran pistal and rifle:

Neat, I guess. Is it good enough to use instead of the stuff I already have? No?

Also, I don't remember ever, ever seeing a Bajoran rifle on the show. Must have been in the background once, but again, really grasping at straws.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-16-2012, 06:40 PM
I loved the interior, but I did not like that after selecting a shuttle, I had to go back to the bridge to leave the interior of the ship to go to the shuttle.